for those with froyo

hashsi99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
is the bump charge problem gone? I have read every single froyo thread, and nobody seems to answer this question. People have asked, but no definite answer.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Also, more signal bars or no?

thanks,

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well i can't vouch for the new OTA but I have the 8/1 build and it does indeed have more bars, bump charging still seems to be there tho. Then again, I dont worry about that kinda stuff anymore.

Baumer582#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
is the bump charge problem gone? I have read every single froyo thread, and nobody seems to answer this question. People have asked, but no definite answer.

Can someone please shed some light on this?

Also, more signal bars or no?

thanks,

I'm running the RUU file, and I've noticed my battery life to be much better. With minimal use and a good WiFi/3G Signal, the meter barely moves. In standby, it's great.

Overnight, and with WiFi on, my battery went from 78% to 68% in 6 hours.

One of the new features in HTC mail is to set specific times when to fetch. So overnight, I set it to 1 hour. Normal time is every 5 minutes.

Even right now, I just fully charged it and haven't touched it in 30 mins and it's still at 100%.

Long story short, I think they fixed the battery life! Bump charging doesn't seem necessary anymore!

getthat

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Same here, seems much better now. Battery levels are not dropping off like used to be, over all i can say the batter is much improved.

Charged this morning and used very heavily, 6 5 minutes videos in 720p, lot of browsing, 2 route navigation, some phone calls and i still have more than 30%, usually its dead way before

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe the battery issue still exists. I'm running system panel and it appears the issue is still present. Also you still get the green light when the phone thinks it's fully charged then power phone off, charge again and it will still charge for about an hour.

Defiant103

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
bars mean nothing it's just a UI thing.
I don't have froyo yet but for the past x years you either have a signal or not. This isn't analog anymore.

i thought the bars related to the signal/noise ratio, which related to how good your reception was to the connected tower, and that how good your connection was related to how fast your data speed could be.. is this not true? :eek:

Baumer582#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe the battery issue still exists. I'm running system panel and it appears the issue is still present. Also you still get the green light when the phone thinks it's fully charged then power phone off, charge again and it will still charge for about an hour.

Well, I have a separate charger, so I usually don't have to bump charge. But with Froyo, when I do have the phone directly plugged in it seems to take much longer charging and doesn't lose power that quickly once removed. Like I said before, as long as I have a clear signal of WiFi or 3G, the battery is pretty solid...

Do you have a Task Killer installed? Because I noticed ATK doesn't work well with Froyo, so I uninstalled it and everything seems to be running smoothly. When they work out the kinks I'll prob d/l it again, but for now, Froyo seems to handle app management well.

lifties

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the leaked RUU installed:

When my phone thinks it is fully charged (LED is Green), I power it down and plug it in again and the LED will turn Amber and continue charging for quite some time before the LED again turns Green.

That is bump charging to me. So Froyo hasn't fixed it on my Dinc.

I do however, get better battery life. If I had to guess, my batter life seems to be 20-30% better. With the extended battery at 50%, I have 24 hours UP time and 6.5 hours AWAKE time. Before Froyo, the same numbers would have my battery at 10-20% battery left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781