Why is this happening?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Just this week I've been having a rough time with my DInc and uploading pictures to Picasa. I use my phone's camera to take some pictures, then go to the Photos app (HTC) and click 'share.' I select the images I want to send to Picasa and it begins the upload on a separate screen. Here's the maddening part: Each upload only moves about four or five percent before timing out and the 'Waiting to retry in 1 minute' message appears. You can long-press the entry and press 'retry' and it will work for another four or five percent before stopping again.

At first I thought it was because of a bad 3G connection, but it does it even on my home wi-fi network. Then I though I was having SDcard troubles (I was), but images in phone storage still do it.

This is one of my favorite uses for the phone: taking and sharing pictures instantly. But now it's become LABORIOUS!

Any suggestions?

TJH

javiram

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue when uploading videos to youtube over wi-fi. I just kept pausing the upload and resuming it after getting the "waiting retry in 1 minute." It would upload about 2 or 3% percent each time. So after pausing and resuming about 50 times, I finally got my video uploaded.

sail4fun201

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I experienced this too last time I tried to upload to Picasa.

Update: just tried again now, experienced the same thing :\

I'll try emptying the cache too to see if htat fixes it.

Update 2: clearing the cache helped a little - it only failed and required a manual retry once.

Last edited:

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
same issues here when uploading to both youtube and picasa. some days it works perfectly, others it does exactly as described above. because it's so random for me i tend to think its a server issue with google. either way, i havent found a solution