Incredible Battery life? Is it that bad?

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your use...

Stock battery won't work for a heavy user who doesn't have access to charging methods...

Light users will be fine...

The new update to Froyo that is coming has been showing increased battery life according to those running it, but there are several extended battery options available for the DINC... Look through the sticky threads to read more about battery life...

The phone is awesome, you won't be sorry if you decide to get it...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope its not that bad just tweak it with some common sense type things , easily done without a task killer. Froyo will help battery life more I read. My incredibles been on for 28 hrs now and still got enough battery power(stock battery) to make it though the day. I admit the use has been light today , , few phone calls, little web browsing, (GPS, Maps about 30 minutes of that)WiFi always on doesn't seem to mattery battery wise enough to notice

Last edited:

mrberger

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Another question: considering you have the Incredible, would you trade it for the X. I noticed in the store that it's easier to type with the inc then the X.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt trade my incredible for the X , no. LOL but I probably wouldnt trade my X for another incredible I like them both . I think its about the same for me to type on using the normal typing method. But the x comes pre loaded with swype and it makes typing easier . Hopefully when swype comes out of closed beta I will be able to get it for my incredible.I do like the soft touch keys on the bottom better then the hard keys the dx has .

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The good news is that extra batteries are cheap. Look around you will find them. I got 2 batteries and a wall charger for next to nothing.

The rumored HTC Incredible HD (or whatever they are going to call the EVOesque device coming to Verizon) will be on my wish list. I used my other half's NE2 upgrade to get my Inc and handed down my Blackberry Tour to him. My NE2 date is February. I'm hoping they have the 4.3" HTC out by then.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I got the HTC battery for the ozone. Basically the HTC bro160 battery. It is about a millimeter thicker than the inc battery but it is 1500 mah instead of 1300 that the Dinc comes with. I got it for $12 on eBay brand new. It's an original HTC battery not a knockout. I could usually get through a day with my Dinc before, now I always get a full day. plus, I have an extra battery just in case. Well worth $12.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
The 2600 mAh Proid Incredible battery on ebay is really great also. $11.50 shipped for me. Also, invest in a half decent car charger. Just my .02

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Battery is not bad at all. I browse the internet on wifi most of the day with some 3g and I can easily last until the end of day on stock battery. It comes down to keeping bluetooth and gps off unless it is needed and then immediately turning it off when done. Also keep screen brightness on normal.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I can almost always make it a full day on stock battery. That said, if I get the opportunity to charge during the day I do it. I have screen brightness on auto, leave gps and WiFi on all day, and generally I consider myself a heavy user. In some rare occasions the battery will discharge abnormally fast, and I really can't explain it. I've had my incredible since release and haven't found the need to buy another battery yet.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
well my battery sucks and i have a extended battery. I listen to sirius from 6am to 9am and play on the internet and facebook as well is twitter and its a wrap 12 pm.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The rumored HTC Incredible HD (or whatever they are going to call the EVOesque device coming to Verizon)

You can't be serious! There going to make that phone the successor to the HTC Incredible? A phone that's not even 4 months old? lol :D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am so happy my battery life is decent at best!!! It means that my battery was at fault after all!!!!

Thank God for poor battery life. I feel I have a legit device now!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Buy the 3500 battery from Seidio. Never have to worry about battery again -- just use the phone however the hell you want for as long as you need it.

Problem solved.