Anyone else's battery life WORSE with 2.2?

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just updated this afternoon, so a little too soon to say if it's worse on my phone. It definitely doesn't appear to be any better.

One thing I have noticed is that charging the battery seems to take way longer than it did before. Is it just me?

Wired

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Definitely sucks the battery... sort of?

In a 10 minute period (I was driving and not using the phone) it went from 99% (won't hit 100% on Battery Indicator in Froyo) to 92%. That was about 4 hours ago. Just sitting on my desk for the past 4 hours it went down to 81%. Just stopped some of the services, suddenly down to 78%.

I'm thinking it may be how the battery level is being reported (note: in the main battery ino area, the bar's right at 8/10 blocks).

Flipper

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
How about mine will not charge at all unless it is off now. Never really had any good battery life anyways. Bought the 1750 Battery AND the 2150 both act as if they are the orig. battery.

Mikey13

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life is better. Just sitting for about 4 hours it has gone down just about 10%. When I had 2.1 the battery life was awful compared to that.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
How about mine will not charge at all unless it is off now. Never really had any good battery life anyways. Bought the 1750 Battery AND the 2150 both act as if they are the orig. battery.

I would get your phone swapped out sounds like you have a hardware issue. You should be getting no less than 12 hours out of the 2150 under normal usage patterns.

I haven't seen a huge increase in battery life but mine is better. Even with it taking a bit longer to charge I went from an hour charge to about 1.5 to 1.75 to charge it back up.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I seem to notice charging taking longer as well as getting the "Battery charged" voice notification a few times when the phone was just setting there... weird.

kevinb120

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
After watching this thing take forever to charge, I have noticed awake and up time are exactly the same. Can't figure out what is running though??

JTDavis86

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine was draining fast this morning when I updated, but in the last few hours it's been keeping a pretty good charge and I've been on it all day!

kevinb120

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Found what was running non stop making my charge take forever, astrid. Was also updated for the thousandth time today and everyone seems to hate it... charge rate is sailing up now. Check your sleep/active times if its taking forever to charge for an app conflict

Last edited:

conicab

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually think my battery life improved a little but I think it's weird how before the phone would charge so quick and now it's taking forever to charge?? But can't complain, would rather have longer battery time than charge time.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
seems like it got rid of the bump charging for me , when its charged up then unplug , then plug it back in the light might go orange for a minute then green again within a minute max :) as far as how long the actual charge is I will find out today :cool:

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Two observations. Bump charging is still necessary. Took the phone off the charger this morning and it is still dropping down to 94% within 5 minutes of being unplugged. I am also not seeing any improved battery life.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i have seen an improvement when it gets lower in %. but the bump still needs to be done. 97% as soon as i took it off charger.

blindarrow

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Skype is still killing me. Definitely some parasitic loss going on. Atk is killing 4 apps, then 20 minutes later 6 with me opening nothing. Ugh.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Skype is still killing me. Definitely some parasitic loss going on. Atk is killing 4 apps, then 20 minutes later 6 with me opening nothing. Ugh.

Get ATK Froyo from the Market. It gives you the added feature of being able to kill processes. Works great.

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Battery life yesterday and today seems identical to previous os version, which is interesting cause I have used the phone way more yesterday and today playing with all the goodies than before the upgrade.

For me, definitely looks like battery life's improved.

Sent from my DROID Incredible using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22