Anyone else's battery life WORSE with 2.2?

beiermb

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to have gotten a bit worse. As far as I know I've got all the settings put the way they were before, but to no avail.

Anyone else having the same problem?

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If you just updated, give it a day or so, took my droid while to adjust, battery life was never same, but was better than it started out for alot of people.

And personally since i got the FRG22D update i think it is better than it ever was

pmas

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I noticed quick battery usage until I turned off wifi and bluetooth. with 2.1 i could leave them both running and it was no huge drain. With froyo, I can easily use 35% battery overnight if I leave them on. Turning them on and off as needed is a bit of an inconvenience, but hey, what can you do?

Chase S

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem in the leak, but I directly related it to the CPU clock and not wifi.

The CPU clock in Froyo for the Dinc seems to always be throttled up at 800+ MHz even when completely idle where as, 2.1 throttled down to 200-300 MHz.

Regardless, I think this is a problem you will see with Froyo, which is sad because I have had everything running today (GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth) w/ heavy internet surfing and have only lost 30% of my battery (Seidio 3500mAh) ... with Froyo, my battery went from 100% to 93% in a matter of minutes.

Hopefully as the release goes out to more people, more will complain about the battery issue.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine was terrible, until today. I deleted the stock Skype app and now I am getting the numbers that others have been reporting. Got rid of all the VZ bloatware and now my phone is awesome again. Bye bye VZnavigator, Skype, CityID, and Amazon Mp3.

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine was terrible, until today. I deleted the stock Skype app and now I am getting the numbers that others have been reporting. Got rid of all the VZ bloatware and now my phone is awesome again. Bye bye VZnavigator, Skype, CityID, and Amazon Mp3.
Do you have to be rooted to delete those things?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't worry too much about battery. I have two 3500mah extended batteries with external charger. So one battery charges without being in the phone while the other is in use. It honestly doesn't make the phone much thicker like you might think. Well worth the price. I can go days on heavy usage and using as many widgets as I want.

This is not what you asked of course but I figured I would point you in that direction. If it's a huge issue then consider a huge battery.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Incredible (Black): Cell Phones & Service

otterbob#AC

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Not an exact calculation but I would say my battery life is 15 to 20 percent worse after the update. System panel to kill apps doesn't affect the bloatware. I also notcied apps that used to close on exit do not now.

Chase S

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just removed all the bloatware.... charged my phone to 56% and in about 45 minutes i'm down to 50%.

If you "estimate" 6% every hour, that will give me roughly 16 hours on a full charge. You would think that is not a bad number... but I'm using a 3500 mAh and with 2.1 I was getting almost two days with "average" usage.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just removed all the bloatware.... charged my phone to 56% and in about 45 minutes i'm down to 50%.

If you "estimate" 6% every hour, that will give me roughly 16 hours on a full charge. You would think that is not a bad number... but I'm using a 3500 mAh and with 2.1 I was getting almost two days with "average" usage.

Check your awake time. It could be there is an app that does not agree with 2.2 and is constantly running in the background.

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

How do you go about deleting those? Last I check, I thought you had to be rooted to remove those things??

Chase S

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Check your awake time. It could be there is an app that does not agree with 2.2 and is constantly running in the background.

Awake time is fine... nothing special and no apps running out of the ordinary in the background. I truly think this is a flaw in Froyo, which doesn't surprise me. Nothing is perfect, not even HTC (As much as I love their products).

However, we need to make sure we are heard. Call HTC and voice your problems.

On another note, has anyone noticed extended charge times? It took me nearly 12 hours to charge 60%, where with 2.1 I could charge my entire battery in roughly 1-2 hours.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Updated this morning and battery seems to be about the same. maybe slightly worse. Tomorrow will be a better test.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got no complaints about battery life. I installed the update at 9:30 this morning, then used the phone heavily for a couple of hours. At 1:00 I was at 52%. Now at 5:20, after "normal" use (a few texts and emails, some random apps, mostly downtime), I'm at 48%. 1% per hour is great, considering I received 30 emails in that time.

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Been using it all day. With the 3500mah battery. It does appear that it is going down a little faster. But considering I have the 3500mah battery I don't really think it's going to be a problem. With the stock battery it would be.

People say that Advanced Task Killer doesn't matter anymore. But on 2.1 I would kill the apps when the phone started and it would keep a lot of them killed. And the battery would last longer.

Advanced Task Killer does NO good on 2.2. It kills them and they all come right back within a few seconds. Everything running in the background is what seems to take the battery life. But again the 3500mah should last you all day.

If not then get another one and an external charger. I always have my spare charging up without it being in the phone.

They definitely need to stop with running the programs in the background. I know they claim that the software is smart enough to know what to do. But I think it would work better if it started up when I clicked it and stopped when I exited it. Except for apps that you might need to keep running.

But all in all I am satisfied. I would like to take away the bloatware but I don't want to root my phone or anything of that sort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante