OTA link

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Off to work for a couple hours then back to download. Can someone post detailed instructions (that an idiot could understand) on here? Thanks for the help and thanks for the zip. Hope everyone has an awesome day. Waiting on hurricane earl in VA.

The update worked for me also.

To this poster here are the details on how to do this:

First download the file which you find in this thread. It will go wherever you save it. Save it to your desktop on your computer. Do NOT unzip the file on your computer. Leave it exactly as it is on your desktop.

next...

Plug your phone into your computer. Click your SD card. Drag the file that you downloaded into your SD card. Not in any of the folders you have created on your SD card. Drag it as if it's an entirely new folder.

next...

Rename the file, you can do this on your computer. After you dragged it right click it and rename it. If you have extensions hidden it will not show .zip. In which case it will just have the file name with no .zip at the end of it. So just name it, "update." If you do have extensions showing then make sure it says, "update.zip." Again, if you don't have the extensions to files already showing, meaning if it doesn't already say .zip then don't add .zip too it.

next...

Power your phone off. Once off, hold the volume DOWN button down and press power at the same time and wait for it to power on. Once powered on you will see a boot screen. Scroll down to recovery with your volume rocker and hit the power button to select it.

next...

You will get a blank screen with a red triangle. At this point hold the volume UP button and press the power button at the same time. Now it will appear where it says something in the nature of putting on, "update.zip." Scroll down with your volume rocker and push the power button to select this.

next...

It will install. After done installing it will bring you to the screen it was previously on. But this time do not make the same selection. Select, "Reboot phone." Push the power button to select it.

now...

It will install and reboot your phone. It may take a few minutes. Once the droid eye screen comes up it will remain there for a few seconds. Do not freak out. It is fine. This is a good link and it is not buggy.

then...

Your phone will turn on as usual. You will have all of your apps, all of your settings, all of your ringtones set, the same wallpaper set, everything exactly as before. You will notice some changes they made to text messaging, changing the keyboard and many other things. As well as speed.

Any problems?

With me I have run into no problems at all. The clock and weather are working fine and so is every app I've tried. I've deleted Advanced Task Killer, it doesn't have much use these days anyway it doesn't sound like but especially not with 2.2. If you kill apps within a minute later all of them almost will be back and running unlike 2.1 where they would stay gone a little longer.

The signal bar has been changed for a fact. I am getting full signal bars in my apartment where as on 2.1 I never did and the bars are staying full. The service is probably no different but they fixed the way it reads the service with the bars to be more accurate.

Anymore questions then ask. I have never done anything of this sort myself until tonight. It took me a little while. The mistake I made first was unzipping the file on my computer and then dragging it to the card and renaming it. Don't unzip the file. Don't touch the file in anyway on your computer until it is on your card and then you only need to rename it.

It is also important to know if you have extensions hidden or not. If you do not see .zip on the end of the file then they are hidden. So do not name it, "update.zip" Or else it will end up being, "update.zip.zip." Simply name it, "update," if this is the case.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Off to work for a couple hours then back to download. Can someone post detailed instructions (that an idiot could understand) on here? Thanks for the help and thanks for the zip. Hope everyone has an awesome day. Waiting on hurricane earl in VA.

They've already been posted...for an idiot.

jollydogg

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Sigh. I'm an idiot. It was named update.zip.zip. :( that's what I get for trying to be technical at 530 in the morning. Lol. Gonna go update. I'll be back

hoonaynay

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
tesla, if you lived near me, I'd buy you a beer and a steak. I'm 20 minutes late for work because I wanted the zip to download on my WiFi network. droiiiiiidd

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Dinc to Froyo using the link and instructions that Jerry provided. The update loaded, installed and running again within 15 minutes. I hope to be back later with many positives. Who needs Verizon when we such a great support team here at Android Central!

Thanks again everyone :)

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Worked perfectly! (though I'm sure I'll get an email from our Data Security Dept. asking why i plugged my phone into my PC again... lol)

Thanks so much for the link and instructions! :D

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Update worked! Everything seems to be working as it should.

Like the improvements to the SMS app. I like how when you deleted something, it doesn't go all the way to the latest message. Seems to load faster too.

Thanks to everyone!

TonyG916

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
hmmm...i downloaded the file, renamed it to update. when in recovery i apply the update.zip and it gave me an error message. any suggestions? installation error.

Bats

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the download, thanks again teslatech. I bet you'll have plenty of thanks before the day is out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech