A lot of problems since update

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did the update this morning as directed in xda forums and at first it took about 10 reboots and 5 date wipes to even get past the loading screen and to get the homescreen. Now the phone still continues to reboot and says process system is not responding, i just hit wait and i get to the homescreen. After every single reboot except for one i have not gotten any reception. One time i had 4 bars like normal until it reset. I'm defenitely on 2.2 but i still get the reboots and dont have signal.

please please give me any help you can thank you

ahampton2k

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
sounds like you are being impatient and not allowing the system to complete its update process....

mine took a while to run through the process including just sitting at a screen similar to what you described. it will look like it is not doing nothing when actually it is working in the background.

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. My phone was rooted through unrevoked method, but not flashed with any custom ROM. Trying to resinstall the update.zip now. If that doesn't work, I suppose I'll do a factory data wipe, then try again.

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i used the grabbed OTA posted here this morning. I downloaded and installed 2.2 doing about 90mph down I4 in orlando. All in all, it took about 20 min for the download and install. No problems either

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's because you didn't wait on the first reboot for it to finish. On some phones it may take up to 15 minutes for the first boot. (Commonly only takes about 5-10 minutes MAX)

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i wasn't rebooting the phone... the phone kept rebooting itself... i waited at least 30 minutes before i did the first factory wipe. i'm now stuck on a boot loop after another wipe and install and now i'm stuck here... my next shot is going to be deleting the update file and reloading on the sd and trying that

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
i used the grabbed OTA posted here this morning. I downloaded and installed 2.2 doing about 90mph down I4 in orlando. All in all, it took about 20 min for the download and install. No problems either

You should check and see if VZW needs any speed testing of their LTE network

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie