OTA update now browser doesn't work.

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Got the OTA this morning. The install went smoothly and everything seems to work except the browser. Any time I go to a page that has flash on it the browser closes down. Even androidcentral.com!!!

I should mention that I did download the flash 10.1 apk a while back and I didn't uninstall it before the update.

has anyone run into this problem? Thanks.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
2.2 absolutely destroyed my browser experience. Just like the updates on the moto droid when I had it, this update literally made my browser come to a crawl now when browsing. Scrolling speeds up an down the page are at a snails pace and choppier then choppy. Pinch to zoom is terrible and sloooow. Prior to this update, my browser experience was awesome..

I wish we could NOT install these updates because it seems with every update, my devices slow down when their supposed to be quicker. Im really really dissapointed and I mean REALLY dissapointed. Have I said really? Really

Oh, and have I mentioned how much it crashes now too? Yeah, awesome update

Last edited:

otterbob#AC

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I'm having browser problems myself. Laggy typing, choppy scrolling, and page freeze if I rotate to landscape while typing a post. Also the auto fit to screen when zoom in is sporadic.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
2.2 absolutely destroyed my browser experience. Just like the updates on the moto droid when I had it, this update literally made my browser come to a crawl now when browsing. Scrolling speeds up an down the page are at a snails pace and choppier then choppy. Pinch to zoom is terrible and sloooow. Prior to this update, my browser experience was awesome..

I wish we could NOT install these updates because it seems with every update, my devices slow down when their supposed to be quicker. Im really really dissapointed and I mean REALLY dissapointed. Have I said really? Really

Oh, and have I mentioned how much it crashes now too? Yeah, awesome update

Then don't install it. There's nothing making you install it. What is your problem?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Turn off plugins, see if that helps. You're probably hitting pages with more flash than you realize. Flash definitely works, but it slows down a lot of pages where it is superfluous (i.e., just ads).

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I got he 2.2 OTA this morning... Everything is immaculate. Browser scrolling and render haven't taken a hit. Everything is perfect.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Then don't install it. There's nothing making you install it. What is your problem?

What's my problem? These updates that people get all hyped up over have been nothing but **** for me. I don't see the excitement. Whether I install it manually or wait for the OTA, I'm going to get it either way so your comment on uninstalling it is irrelevant.

The updates on my moto Droid screwed my **** up and now this hyped up froyo updates screwed up my DInc. That's my problem. No need to be rude because I'm having issues with the update.

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Turn off plugins, see if that helps. You're probably hitting pages with more flash than you realize. Flash definitely works, but it slows down a lot of pages where it is superfluous (i.e., just ads).

this worked a little. but I don't want to have to turn off plugins. I want my browser to work the way its supposed to. thanks for the tip though.

I dont' want to have to hard reset but I'm not sure if there's any other option...

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Change the plugins to "On Demand". That way you can click on the flash elements that you want to load (video, games, etc.) and forgo the ones you don't (flash based ads). No loss of functionality and your fast browsing experience will remain the same.

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Change the plugins to "On Demand". That way you can click on the flash elements that you want to load (video, games, etc.) and forgo the ones you don't (flash based ads). No loss of functionality and your fast browsing experience will remain the same.

tried that too. if I click on something with flash browser dies. I think I'm just going to reset. Thanks for your help.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought I had a browser problem at first but it was just the setting in wireless and network "mobile network" was ticked OFF after phone rebooted ,no wifi here .Ticking it back on fixed it.

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
hmmm,with all the various issues i'm seeing on the web with regards to the ota of 2.2 i guess i'm glad they skipped me in the update :D;)

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I downloaded and installed it today and am have no issues with flash or the browser, faster and before and flash works. At least I think flash works. If anyone has a page that is a good test for flash, I would like to try it.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I dunno, I downloaded and installed it today and am have no issues with flash or the browser, faster and before and flash works. At least I think flash works. If anyone has a page that is a good test for flash, I would like to try it.

Ditto. Mine's working flawlessly. Flash is good.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
...Whether I install it manually or wait for the OTA, I'm going to get it either way so your comment on uninstalling it is irrelevant...

This is from your initial post...

WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
This is from your initial post...

WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.

No offense, but responding to someone saying an update breaks their phone by saying "Well then don't install it!" is bull**** and full of fanboyism. Updates shouldn't break phone functionality, and if it did then he does have a right to complain.

normg

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same browser issues after i went the RUU route. I also download the flash 10.1 apk a while back and I also didn't uninstall it before the update. Did a bunch of reading various forums and then did a install of:
Adobe_Flash_Player_10.1_v10.1.72.7.apk Seems to have fixed the issue. I wish i had the exact site for you but i dont; try google and the file name.