Froyo 2.2 Lock Screen Keyboard Clicking Sound.

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just updated to Froyo via the update.zip file posted here in the forums. Absolutely no problems and the process was smooth as glass thanks to you guys here at AC.

My question is after switching my Lock screen from the "Connect the dots swype method" to the new keypad entry method in Froyo, is there anyway to turn on the "clicking" sound as you are typing in your pass-code ? I've searched and searched and couldn't find anything on this subject and thanks guys in advance. You rock!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I know there's a way to turn on the "click" when typing, but I believe it will make the sound whenever you type ANYTHING, not just the passcode...

Menu
Settings
Language and Keyboard
Touch input settings (I have Swype, so this may not be here if you don't have the app)
Text Input
Check "Sound Feedback"

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
@CRKHead Yeah I have the "Sound Feedback" checked. I get the "Clicking" sound when typing on the stock keyboard but nothing on the lock screen keypad?

@Vudumedic I'm looking for the option to turn on the "Clicking" sound as I type in the unlock code. Not the actual locking sound or unlocking sound.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
My question is after switching my Lock screen from the "Connect the dots swype method" to the new keypad entry method in Froyo, is there anyway to turn on the "clicking" sound as you are typing in your pass-code ?

For the Lock Screen go to menu>settings>security and check the "Use tacile feedback" box.

JTDavis86

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
For the Lock Screen go to menu>settings>security and check the "Use tacile feedback" box.

I don't think that would help, doesn't the sound have to be on for you to hear the clicking of the keyboard when you type? The phone can't be on silent or vibrate otherwise there will be no "click" sound at all.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that would help, doesn't the sound have to be on for you to hear the clicking of the keyboard when you type? The phone can't be on silent or vibrate otherwise there will be no "click" sound at all.

It worked for me. I do not have the Screen lock sounds box checked under menu>ssettings>sound. I do have the Haptic feedback box checked.

Last edited:

AceBoonKoon

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
@slbailey1 I have that box checked but that is only for the "vibration" not the clicking noise that you hear when typing on your regular keypad.

@JTDavis I have my sound on but still nothing.

I'm thinking that this option is unavailable. No click-a-dee-click for me.