Download speeds

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I was running a speedtest to see if wireless N helped, and I can't get above 1300 kbs download, yet I am hitting 6600 kps upload. Is there some type of setting causing this?

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was running a speedtest to see if wireless N helped, and I can't get above 1300 kbs download, yet I am hitting 6600 kps upload. Is there some type of setting causing this?

Did you try the speedtest on a normal PC as well? It might be your connection, although speeds like that make no sense at all. I just ran it on wireless N and it reported 10Mbps down and 7.5 up.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC Mobile Phones - DROID INCREDIBLE Verizon - Overview
Wireless N network won't do you any good for the phone's WiFi data connection.

The HTC Incredible's wifi is N capable. It just wasn't enabled in 2.1. Now that we have 2.2, they have enabled 802.11n. When I connect to my n router, it now says that it is connected at 65Mbps (where it said 54Mbps on 2.1). Sure, it isn't the 300Mbps that my computers connect at, but I've already noticed a large boost in the range that my phone can keep a signal. And to be honest, that's all I really care about. I'm not doing anything on my phone that really requires N speed, just the range.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure someone wasn't using your internet connection, there was no LAN congestion, or your phone wasn't syncing in the background during the test?

I've noticed a boost in range as well with n service.

Part of the beauty of 802.11n is the increased range. So yes you should be seeing a slight increase in the range your phone can achieve WiFi.

The HTC Incredible's wifi is N capable. It just wasn't enabled in 2.1. Now that we have 2.2, they have enabled 802.11n. When I connect to my n router, it now says that it is connected at 65Mbps (where it said 54Mbps on 2.1). Sure, it isn't the 300Mbps that my computers connect at, but I've already noticed a large boost in the range that my phone can keep a signal. And to be honest, that's all I really care about. I'm not doing anything on my phone that really requires N speed, just the range.

This is 100% correct. The new 2.15 radio that comes with Froyo added 720p recording, H.263 / H.264 econding of those videos, and 802.11n WiFi compatibility.

HTC Mobile Phones - DROID INCREDIBLE Verizon - Overview
Wireless N network won't do you any good for the phone's WiFi data connection.

See above, your looking at old specifications!

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, set my router from mixed to wireless G only, I am getting download speeds of 16000 kbs, upload of 6500. It is the setting in the router, I thought this could get an N signal, but it doesn't like th mixed setting. Wierd.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Then HTC needs to update their spec sheet lol!

I agree they should. However Verizon already has.......
Set Your Location

Ok, set my router from mixed to wireless G only, I am getting download speeds of 16000 kbs, upload of 6500. It is the setting in the router, I thought this could get an N signal, but it doesn't like th mixed setting. Wierd.

Unless your router specifically has an N setting mixed means it will serve out both B and G connections. Even if it supports N in the mixed setting the network will only run as fast as the slowest device using it. So if you have one G device on there your phone will only be getting a G speed. Unless your router is dual or tri-band and I highly doubt you would have a router at that price point at home.

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I agree they should. However Verizon already has.......
Set Your Location

Unless your router specifically has an N setting mixed means it will serve out both B and G connections. Even if it supports N in the mixed setting the network will only run as fast as the slowest device using it. So if you have one G device on there your phone will only be getting a G speed. Unless your router is dual or tri-band and I highly doubt you would have a router at that price point at home.

why would you say that??? u just recently bought a dual band router specifically waiting for froyo to work with N ... i dont see why people wouldnt have a dual or tri band router at home? :confused: