Bluetooth Voice Dialing Not Working - Froyo 2.2

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Have the Android 2.2 update, but voice dialing using my bluetooth headset is not working. Following what is not working:

1. Turned on Bluetooth
2. Turned on my Bluetooth headset - got the headset connected message.
3. Pushed the button on my bluetooth headset and said: "Call _______ at home."

Nothing happens. How do I fix?

I used the update.zip file to manually update to Android 2.2.

My software info is:

Android version - 2.2
Baseband version - 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel version - 2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number - 3.21.605.1 CL231334 release-keys
Software number - 3.21.605.1
Browser version - webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.28_002

The only other thing I did was go to menu>Applications>Running services and stopped the Voice Search application.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes...

You must wait for the phone to request...

I use the Blue Ant Q1... I too manually updated and tried this function...

with the headset I have, I have to say something like "phone command" that then triggers my phone and then I just say Call - Mom - Mobile" and it worked....

It's still a tad glitchy... But it worked...

Lego!

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I waited for the phone to request. It does not understand me. I have tried it several times. When I call the name and then home, mobile, or work, it calls a different person than the one I called every time. I'm going to try the calibrate mode and try again later. I'll let you know how it turns out.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
You have to wait for the phone to tell you to say your request.

Thanks for the infomation.

After your post, I went searching for the user manual for my headset online - Jabra BT530.

The manual said to press the anwer/end button to activate voice dialing. When I press it, nothing happened. When I press and hold, it will disconnect/connect - I like this feature I did not know about. When press and hold for a little bit, I get the prompt. One drawback is I get no confirmation before dialing.

My user manual has instructions to "tap" the answer/end button for some features and to "press" for other features. What is the difference between "tap" and "press"?

I have one more question.

I have a hosted exchange account for my email and calendar. On my phone I use the HTC Mail/People application. A lot of my contracts are stored and displayed "Last Name, First Name MI".

To use bluetooth voice dial, do I have to store and display my contracts by "First Name Last Name"?

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the infomation.

After your post, I went searching for the user manual for my headset online - Jabra BT530.

The manual said to press the anwer/end button to activate voice dialing. When I press it, nothing happened. When I press and hold, it will disconnect/connect - I like this feature I did not know about. When press and hold for a little bit, I get the prompt. One drawback is I get no confirmation before dialing.

My user manual has instructions to "tap" the answer/end button for some features and to "press" for other features. What is the difference between "tap" and "press"?

I have one more question.

I have a hosted exchange account for my email and calendar. On my phone I use the HTC Mail/People application. A lot of my contracts are stored and displayed "Last Name, First Name MI".

To use bluetooth voice dial, do I have to store and display my contracts by "First Name Last Name"?

No. the display name is just that, how you have it displayed. The VR recognizes first name then last name then connection type.

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I waited for the phone to request. It does not understand me. I have tried it several times. When I call the name and then home, mobile, or work, it calls a different person than the one I called every time. I'm going to try the calibrate mode and try again later. I'll let you know how it turns out.

How do you activate calibrate mode? Is it a function of the headset? I have the Jabra BT530 headset.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
With my Moto H790 connected to my INC, I tap the "multi function button" (on the H790), in the H790 ear piece I hear the phone say "Speak now..." I say, "Call john Smith on mobile" it responds with what it thought I said and calls what it thought it heard me say (no confirmation of did it get it right or not).

The accurace is no different than when I use the phone's MIC and voice dial app pre-BT.

With some of the blueant headsets having their own built in dialer and phone book, it may work differently?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar