Just used the zip file to upgrade to 2.2. Love it except for several apps.
    I dont use Skype, I dont want the AmazonMP3 and TaskKiller seems to have no effect on them. I dont want them cause I have a feeling they are adding to my battery consumption.

I am NOT rooted, and would like to stay that way.

anyone have any suggestions, or should we as HTC to allow us to uninstall them at some point in some future update?
    09-01-2010 12:09 PM
    The only way to remove these is by being rooted and I'm almost positive future updates will not give you the ability to remove stock applications. I wouldn't worry to much about them draining your battery because if they are running it would only be in the background. ATK doesn't give a true list of applications that are running you might want to look in to System panel which will give you a better list of running apps.
    09-01-2010 12:38 PM
    Received the OTA 2.2. Never opened Skype. Wondered why battery consumption was worse with 2.2. Looked into system and found Skype was running. Heck, never even opened it! So stopped the "process" for Skype and battery life is back to normal. At least for me. I agree, would be nice to be able to eliminate the bloatware. Not sure I am confident enough to Root as an Android newbie.
    09-01-2010 01:26 PM
    Received the OTA 2.2. Never opened Skype. Wondered why battery consumption was worse with 2.2. Looked into system and found Skype was running. Heck, never even opened it! So stopped the "process" for Skype and battery life is back to normal. At least for me. I agree, would be nice to be able to eliminate the bloatware. Not sure I am confident enough to Root as an Android newbie.
    Here's the thing. If you notice, within 10 minutes Skype will be running in your background again. I do not like that at all..
    09-01-2010 01:32 PM
    Cripes!! I hate this! I guess I'll need to do some research on rooting (if that's a word!! lol)
    09-01-2010 01:35 PM
    Only way to get rid of the crapware is to root! The majority of the crapware is placed by VZW, not HTC. Unrevoked has made rooting very painless and fast, I would highly recommend.
    09-01-2010 02:05 PM
    Currently there is no way to root from 2.2 so you will have to wait. I don't think having these apps running in the back ground will effect your battery.
    09-01-2010 02:08 PM
    Currently there is no way to root from 2.2 so you will have to wait. I don't think having these apps running in the back ground will effect your battery.
    No, but you can root b4 going 2.2. The directions are on XDA forums. This is what I did. If you really want it, you can downgrade and then root/upgrade. All directions are on the XDA forums. My battery life increased dramatically when I got rid of the VZW bloatware, especially Skype.
    09-01-2010 02:15 PM
    Exactly, they have NO effect on your battery.
    09-01-2010 03:07 PM
    Cripes!! I hate this! I guess I'll need to do some research on rooting (if that's a word!! lol)
    There are many threads covering rooting in this and other related forums
    09-01-2010 03:14 PM
    09-01-2010 03:19 PM
    Ugh can someone help me through the process of removing this bloatware? I'm trying to use this guide but I'm running into a problem. I'm rooted and I have that one clockworkmod recovery. I get to the mount /system but when I go onto the computer and type cd\sdk\tools I get a "The system cannot find the path specified" error. I tried j: (that's the name of my phone storage) but it won't even connect to it.

Can someone help me?
    09-01-2010 07:26 PM
    Ugh can someone help me through the process of removing this bloatware? I'm trying to use this guide but I'm running into a problem. I'm rooted and I have that one clockworkmod recovery. I get to the mount /system but when I go onto the computer and type cd\sdk\tools I get a "The system cannot find the path specified" error. I tried j: (that's the name of my phone storage) but it won't even connect to it.

Can someone help me?
    Read this thread:
    Safe Apps to Remove - Root Access + custom Recovery Required - xda-developers

You can use the removal zip and edit the file to add/remove apps that you choose. You need to go into partitions and mount while in recovery then run the removal
    09-01-2010 07:29 PM
    IF you are rooted and have S-OFF, you can move the apps using Root Explorer while the the device is up and running.

Much easier than going to recovery and using adb etc...

Root Explorer can change RO to RW and back for whatever filesystem you need access to.
    09-01-2010 07:35 PM
    Does anyone know how to remove the stupid verizon pop-up confirmation dialogue every time you connect your phone via USB to your computer?
    09-01-2010 08:11 PM
    Isn't there a simple 'don't ask' button in the bottom of the popup?
    09-01-2010 08:14 PM
    Nope, it pops up an installation dialogue with yes/no and even pops up a web page on my firefox and starts talking to me...what a bunch of crap.

Edit: nevermind i found the solution

http://androidforums.com/incredible-...ml#post1256131
    09-01-2010 08:26 PM
    Yea, I get the dumb verizon website crap too, even in charge only mode.
    09-01-2010 08:30 PM
    Nope, it pops up an installation dialogue with yes/no and even pops up a web page on my firefox and starts talking to me...what a bunch of crap.

Edit: nevermind i found the solution

Easy way to remove the stupid VZW CD-Rom popup from Leaked Sense 2.2 - Android Forums
    Thanks for that! Great find!
    09-02-2010 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD