2.2 supposed to bring Keep track of music with organized Music Player application?

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
According to Verizon's specs for 2.2, it's supposed to provide an organized Music Player application? Anyone know what this is? I can't seem to find this new app/functionality at first glance. Thanks.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I may be wrong -- I also can't find anything new in the music player app -- but I think they may be referring to the VCast music crapware that is now loaded on the phone. Not exactly the "enhancement" I was hoping for.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they are referring to the VCast music manager, which actually isn't that horrible. I installed it, it sucked all my music/playlists/videos/pictures from windows media player (also has an option to pull from itunes) and synced them relatively fast.

Also, if you go to the HTC sync support site, they have a new version of HTC Sync (that currently isn't ready for North America but you can still download it) that will sync your music/pictures/playlists.

Not quite as feature rich as I was hoping, but they'll have to do until google finally gets the hint to release a media/app management tool.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems downloading my own CD's to my incredible. Blackberry was very easy to do. I have windows media and vista I have firefox, not internet explorer. I am quite tired trying to figure this out.

thanks

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way is just to copy and paste your music to a folder in your SD Card - the player on the phone will see it.

The VCast manager was indeed not what I hoped for, but it is what VZW is refering to in their marketing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech