DInc going crazy after update!

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to 2.2 via the way in this post and now my phone has been going crazy! :( (FYI I was rooted with Unrevoked 3) First off it shows that i have no service, when I go to the Wifi screen its says 'error' under the check box to turn it on, the phone constantly is crashing giving me an error stating "Process system is not responding", and finally it's constantly rebooting...

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I think you're going to have to factory wipe, then start over. You can't apply the OTA update (not even using update.zip) if you are rooted (unless it is unrevoked forever/S-off, and even then you have to flash back to the stock recovery).

Follow Qazme's instructions here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...1935-update-2-2-froyo-have-root-easy-way.html

You'll be factory fresh, so start at the beginning.

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
hmmm i go to settings>SD & Phone storage>Factory Data Reset, and i've tried both "reset phone" and reset phone and internal storage" but neither work it does it's thing and reboots but nothing has changed.

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
the exact same thing happened to me and i ended up having to download the 2.1 OS and through recovery do a full wipe and re-install 2.1 and am finally where i am now and patiently waiting for my ota to come through... sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear but it was the only solution i could find... and that was after about 5 hours of trying every other option

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
the exact same thing happened to me and i ended up having to download the 2.1 OS and through recovery do a full wipe and re-install 2.1 and am finally where i am now and patiently waiting for my ota to come through... sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear but it was the only solution i could find... and that was after about 5 hours of trying every other option

where would you get the 2.1 download? I've done a factory reset and it's still freezing up and rebooting.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
A factory reset only wipes the data from your phone it will not take root off or take you back to 2.1. What ROM were you running before you tried the 2.2 update? Did you ever make a back up you can restore to?

Last edited:

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
yea that happened to me. I ended up having to downgrade back to 2.1 and redo the ota back from May, and then redo the 2.2 update. Everything is good now though. except my speaker is blown out....blast it.

tourstagefan

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask how you performed the downgrade to 2.1? I need to go back to the original factory 2.1 settings and patiently wait for the OTA update to arrive.

I had a stock 2.1 phone, did the update via the update.zip file and now my phone randomly crashes and keeps rebooting itself. All it takes is to try to perform a simple task like send a text and it crashes...

Thanks in advance.

dvorak

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Can I ask how you performed the downgrade to 2.1? I need to go back to the original factory 2.1 settings and patiently wait for the OTA update to arrive.

I had a stock 2.1 phone, did the update via the update.zip file and now my phone randomly crashes and keeps rebooting itself. All it takes is to try to perform a simple task like send a text and it crashes...

Thanks in advance.

here you go [VIDEO] HowTo UnRoot Incredible by downgrading - Android Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz