Newly installed Froyo and battery discharging

mikedaub

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
So, finally got my froyo up and installed yesterday via the OTA. Everything seems to be working fine (except swype, which I am fine with) but something was quite interesting today while charging my phone.

I normally use my computer to charge my phone during work hours, which has worked flawlessly. Today, however, the first day after the Froyo install, once the phone was fully charged, I looked at the battery status under settings, and it "discharging". This something new or something wrong? I thought I remember seeing that it before was just listed as "charged". Now, about 45 minutes after I unplugged the phone from discharging on the computer, it is at about 90%. Usually, it lasts much longer than this.

Any thoughts on the discharging thing? Is this something to be worried about, will it actually drain my battery, or am I just being paranoid??

Thanks in advance..

Thumperbox

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i have heard that once battery is fully charged, even if it is still plugged in to external power source, the phone switches to "battery" and uses that to an extent. Thats why people suggest doing the trick where once you are charged, unplugg, turn phone off, then plugg back in again until light goes green again....

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just checked mine and it says NOT Charging, never seen it display discharging. It is not a bump charge issue, my battery life has sucked today, but I was using it heavily this morning. But my battery charge indicator has dropped more today than it ever has. I have the Seido 1750 BTW.

Last edited:

kevinb120

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery gauge has been recalibrated, and it allows a full charge now. So the new "96%" is the old "100%".

Also, check your up and awake times in the factory battery status menu, you may have an app that is not 2.2 friendly. I had to dump Astrid, as it would not let the phone sleep and it was taking forever to charge. If it's not sleeping, it may just be trial and error trying to figure out which one it is.

quintray

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, also my phone does not charge fully when plug through the laptop over night, also charges slow. I only get a full quick charge when plug into the wall, or car charger.