"DROID!!!!!" on startup

raddoc

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Around 11 a.m. on 8/31 I got the software upgrade message and downloaded Android 2.2 . Since then the unit has been acting wonky, not allowing calls to be answered, weak cell and 3G connection but the worst part is the fact that it now screams "DROID" on startup. I called VZ and HTC. They blamed each other but neither could tell me how to stop it. Finally VZ agreed to send out a replacement phone. What a PIA. Upgrade = downgrade!

bballr4567

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, thanks for the app.

Mine wont accept phone calls either. My wife called me from her 2.1 DInc to my 2.2 DInc and 4 out of 5 calls she placed to me never reached my phone.

Shiodooru

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
If you have a custom recovery you can mount /system and change the VZW_Droid.mp3 to VZW_Droid.bak in the /system/customize/resource folder and it will stop playing the sound

Todd M

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have it in an .ogg file on the phone. I love the startup sound, and have been using it for email notifications since I bought the phone.

I have attached a ZIP file of it here for you.

Reactions: kjb17127

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Place your index finger over the speaker on the back. It muffles it nicely. I like the "Droooid!", but not when I'm sitting at my cube :p

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have it in an .ogg file on the phone. I love the startup sound, and have been using it for email notifications since I bought the phone.

I have attached a ZIP file of it here for you.

Thanks, just bought a Droid Incredible and wondered how to get the "Droid" sound for notifications!

If look three posts up in Todd M's post you'll find a .zip of the Droid sound you can place on your SD card and use as a notification.

Have fun.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Or, you could go to the Market and download the Zedge app. There are at least 500,000 ringtones and notification files in there, including the "DROOOOIIIIDDDD!!" soundfile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca