Droid X to Dinc Review

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I came from the droid x nice idea for a phone Motorola hasn't a clue how to fix all the issues with the Droid X I fought that device for a month and a half Numerous issues battery, no volume, Blur is a joke compared to SenseUI

Luckily Verizon is great company with some serious conversations they allowed me to get rid Of the Droid X ( they know it has some issues that are going to cause problems for their clients and at least for me my satisfaction is what their goal was to make sure I am a satisfied customer )

I have had my Dinc for one day so far it has function perfectly i first flashed 2.2 hardreset a couple of times make sure it was a good clean install

I am very satisfied HTC has a better grasp on phone development Moto is just trying to keep itself from going bankrupt and are rushing their devices out the door they are hamstringing Android which in my opinion is their biggest problem

So for HTC senseUi Android 2.2 and sound hardware development put them way ahead of the Pack

I think in a few months their 4.3 in. device will be available and it will leave the X in it's dust

Thank You Verizon for be there to make sure your clients have the best service and hardware experience possible.

travelingfool

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

I wasn't challenging the op, I was genuinely interested. Thanks for the links. They were interesting reads.

One thing I noticed is that they were one, two and three years old respectively, and were written pre-Moto Droid.

I wonder how they're fairing now? Perhaps the decision to concentrate/gamble on Android paid off? Or are they still in financial straights? I'll have to research it later when I'm not driving.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Moto today.....

Spliting off divisions into their own company/stock is never a really good sign.

Motorola to split in two | News Blog - CNET News

It's typically done for one of two reasons.

1) One particular unit is far and away an unmitigated success, so they spin it off as its own company, which essentially enables the 'parent' company to "cash in" so to speak. To wit: 3Com spun off palm in 2000, still retaining 80% ownership.

(fun fact: both companies are now owned by HP)

2) One particular unit is far and away dragging the company down or an easy target for lawsuits, so they package all the crapola and spin it off, thus insulating the parent company from litigation and/or healthy company from negative performance. To wit: RJR Nabisco spinning off RJ Renoylds tobacco.

Moto falls into category two. Many of their business lines aren't doing so hot, so they are segregating those from their handset divisions which (due to Android) is doing okay.