DInc - Froyo - App Backup & Restore?

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

I just got Froyo on my DInc this morning via the normal OTA. I would like to enable the Application Backup and Restore feature referenced here, but when I go into my settings, I don't see the "Privacy" option anywhere listed. Does anyone know how to enable this feature?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to Accounts and Sync. The Backup Assistant app is there if that's what you're talking about.

If not, everything else backs up automatically. You should have, "Auto-Sync," checked. That will back up all of your apps and everything.

For example, if you damage your droid or lose it when you go buy a brand new one and activate it and type in your gmail account and turn it on it will be exactly like your old phone. It will have all of the same apps, contacts, and everything else.

I went away from Droid for a few months one time. I went back to droid about 3 months later and even then when I bought the new phone and signed in it had all my apps and contacts.

But if it's backup assistant then that is in there. But I never use that because it seems to back up everything automatically.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Logan,

Thanks, but I was referring specifically to the settings listed on the page I linked above. It's about 1/4 of the way down. I'd rather not use VZW's backup assistant, anyway... I've never fully trusted VZW, and besides, I don't need them to backup my contacts b/c Google does that anyway. I'd rather have the apps backup that they mention.

Any thoughts?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Logan,

Thanks, but I was referring specifically to the settings listed on the page I linked above. It's about 1/4 of the way down. I'd rather not use VZW's backup assistant, anyway... I've never fully trusted VZW, and besides, I don't need them to backup my contacts b/c Google does that anyway. I'd rather have the apps backup that they mention.

Any thoughts?

Yes, that is the second one I gave you. It just doesn't look like it does in that picture. That picture is probably an early shot of 2.2 or the Motorola calls some settings different names than the HTC.

The second thing I told you about is the same thing as what you're talking about. If I have this right anyway. You're talking about the picture where you can see privacy settings on top right?

It's the same thing it just looks different now. It automatically backs it up. You won't really know it's backing it up but it is. If you lose your phone or anything it will be back on the new one.

I actually have no idea why that article you provided says that this is a long over due thing that is coming on 2.2. This is a feature that has been there all along. At least it was on the Motorola Droid and I'm pretty sure I had the same enabled on my HTC.

I know I do now though. You probably already have it enabled. It is by default.

I do see the issue you're talking about because it looks like on 2.2 where they changed the look of it that it appears not to even do it. But I'm pretty sure if you enable "auto Sync" in accounts and sync it will do it. They just changed the name.

Not the Verizon Backup Assistant though. But it's in the same page.

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Yeah, again I have no idea why they decided to do it like that. But it is the same thing. Works great too.

When I had a Motorola Droid and it backed up like I said before months later that was on 2.1. I think whoever wrote this article either forgot about it being there or never noticed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude