Droid Incredible/Car Stereo/ Bluetooth?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Hinc and am looking to play my MP3's from it as well as stuff I listen to on Youtube through my car stereo. I don't want to do it over an FM transmitter. I don't want to change stations as I'm driving and it's never a clear signal.

I would like it to plugged in via direct connection like my sirius radio is. Although before writing this I seen the topic of bluetooth and had no idea I could do that. I imagine I would need a new radio for that correct? Which would be possible because mine is not factory and it is easy to pop it out and put another in.

Best route? I prefer to just do a direct connection if possible but my sirius connection does not fit my droid and I couldn't find any adapters at Best Buy that would rig it to do this.

whipstitch

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't you mean Dinc? ;)
I think you'll need a new radio with an aux in. You'd run a 1/8 inch plug cable from that to the headphone jack on the phone.

My car stereo is old and has a cassette deck so I got a cassette to headphone adpater and it sounds surprisingly good.

kevinb120

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, some factory radios come with dealer-installed optional bluetooth connections, but are inordinately expensive. Some have factory bluetooth, and some have Ford SYNC, which is in-friggin-credible (a $160k MB S-series bt has nothing on a Focus with SYNC). I have it in two of my fords and you can all but completely control the thing via voice commands, the newest Ford nav units are absolute powerhouses when paired with a smart phone (let alone the workstation in the commercial trucks with all that and a mini-computer with keyboard!).

For aftermarket though, you can find many units that now have bluetooth included at quite reasonable prices. You probably can just get a new head unit with it as the easiest and cheapest option. Some of the ones with 'remotes' will actually control your music players on blue tooth phones.

If you have Sirius, you can pay the extra couple bucks a month for the premium internet option. It gives you online access to Sirius at any computer, and the app for the DINC is excellent. Between Sirius and Pandora (free), that's a heck 'o lot of options for more music. With a newer BT head unit, you can stream directly to the car stereo, and of course get hands-free calling, without any cords(duh :) ). A lot of them also have a remote USB you can hide in the car to also use as a charger.

We installed one for a friend the other day that wasn't too expensive that had remote USB and all normal hands-free bluetooth capability. Got the standard wire adapter and just plugged the sucker in like any other aftermarket stereo.

Last edited:

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, some factory radios come with dealer-installed optional bluetooth connections, but are inordinately expensive. Some have factory bluetooth, and some have Ford SYNC, which is in-friggin-credible (a $160k MB S-series bt has nothing on a Focus with SYNC). I have it in two of my fords and you can all but completely control the thing via voice commands, the newest Ford nav units are absolute powerhouses when paired with a smart phone (let alone the workstation in the commercial trucks with all that and a mini-computer with keyboard!).

For aftermarket though, you can find many units that now have bluetooth included at quite reasonable prices. You probably can just get a new head unit with it as the easiest and cheapest option. Some of the ones with 'remotes' will actually control your music players on blue tooth phones.

If you have Sirius, you can pay the extra couple bucks a month for the premium internet option. It gives you online access to Sirius at any computer, and the app for the DINC is excellent. Between Sirius and Pandora (free), that's a heck 'o lot of options for more music. With a newer BT head unit, you can stream directly to the car stereo, and of course get hands-free calling, without any cords(duh :) ). A lot of them also have a remote USB you can hide in the car to also use as a charger.

We installed one for a friend the other day that wasn't too expensive that had remote USB and all normal hands-free bluetooth capability. Got the standard wire adapter and just plugged the sucker in like any other aftermarket stereo.

Yes I do pay the extra monthly charge. Most of my listening is done online. I also have the sirius XM app on Android. But the main reason I have sirius is because of Howard Stern. Which I listen to online and in the car. Unfortunately Howard Stern is not available on the Android APP. Every channel is except him because they want to sell radios for people to listen to him.

He is actually mad about this because he wants people to be able to listen on their mobile phones.

I don't listen to much music radio because most music I have the mp3's of what I want and I program myself. I'm picky about music so if I listen to radio most songs that come on I really won't want to hear. But Howard Stern entertains me every single day.

Are bluetooth connections clear? As clear as direct connect? I will get a new stereo for my truck here soon. It's been 5 years and the technology has gotten better since then. Plus at Best Buy I seen that they had really good ones for a decent price and almost all of them have an aux in or USB.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams