W/ Froyo came services I dont' want

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Every boot up Skype and news start. I kill the process manually. (very Inconvenient). The news stays dead, but Skype returns a couple hours later. Amazon MP3 and Flickr also comes back after being stopped. UGH!!!

My battery life is seriously worse than before froyo.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say there is nothing I can do about this other than using a task killer, which I really don't want to do.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Those programs are just running in the back group and will not use much power at all. Your probably losing more battery life running atk.

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I just discovered Task Killers no longer work because of google changing policy on force closes.. THIS SUCKS.

No I never use Task killers before. I find about 8 apps and services that are loaded now with Froyo that didn't before that I can't get rid of. I don't buy that they dont' effect the batter because my battery life is Drastically different. EASILY 50%.. I used to go my whole work day without needing to charge. Now it's not even lunch and i'm at 50%

Last edited:

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
That's for still being on 2.1.. obviously i updated it already. I'll wait for the proper fix.. the sad thing is I bought an dInc for my son also and both of us are suffering.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
just depends on how bad you want froyo and root. you can always go back to 2.1 and then upgrade using the instructions in that link.

ps - lol at your name :-D