Froyo Leak vs. Official Update

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I installed Froyo on my Incredible when it leaked a month or two back. Aside from some screen flickers here and there, it's running great. My question to those who have switched from the leaked version to the OTA is, do you notice significant enough improvements in performance or battery life to warrant the trouble of wiping, trying to figure out how to revert back to 2.1 and change the radio, installing the official build, and reinstalling all my apps.

Thanks a million.

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that once you went to the leaked version you were ineligible for the OTA. I got the download from AC three days ago and everyone around me got the OTA today so obviously the system knows that my phone is up to date. Sucks because if I own this phone when 2.3 rolls around I won't get that OTA either. The price you pay for manual upgrading :(

Oh, battery life is exactly the same BTW

Last edited:

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
There won't be a 2.3. There will be a 3.0 somewhere around December and I don't think we have any idea which phones will be 3.0 eligible.

You/we would have to revert back to stock 2.1, then unrevoked forever (assuming you want to be rooted), then install 2.2 (details skipped over). Wondering if there is a benefit to doing all of that or just roll with what I have (which includes the 2150 battery).

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh I thought I read that 2.3 was gingerbread? Guess not.. because I updated manually am I now no longer going to receive any OTA's in the future? If any do release on the incredible.?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread is 3.0. If you loaded the official update, even manually, you will still get any OTA notifications. If you loaded one of the leaks, you probably will not get notified.

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I loaded the "official" update manually VIA Android central when it posted on the main page about 2-3 days ago. I assume that's the official build. My friend who got the ota 3 hours ago has all the same system numbers as I do..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12