Strange problem while trying to update. NEED HELP!

nismo300zx96

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I saved the update file to the root of my SD card. I also changed the name to update.zip not update.zip.zip. I loaded to the bootloader and a quick few lines flash saying incorrect .zip file or something along those lines. I then hit recovery and it takes me to another menu which allows me to reload bootloader wipe my storage reboot etc. I've been trying to update unsuccessfuly for days now and need help. Also I received the OTA update and chose update now. Nothing happened no matter how many times I clicked update now then the message disappeared. I dk what's left to do my luck is awful with this phone :-/

nismo300zx96

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry read ur message wrong. Where do I see how it was formatted also the SD card is from on MOTO Droid and I didn't format it once I put it in my incredible. Could that be the issue?

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
This may sound silly, but are you using windows 7? Use a file manager to make sure the update.zip is visible on your sd card before booting in recovery. I ran into this issue and had to install some driver of some sort to move the file from my laptop to my phone successfully. It took a few tries before it showed up on the sd card, and once it did, I was in business.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Update the HTC sync driver. I had the same problem. I unistalled HTC sync from my computer and plugged the phone back in. It updated the driver automatically. When your computer tells you your device is ready to use, move the file over to your sd card. Unplug your phone and use a file manager to make sure it is there. Then boot in recovery and grab a spoon...