My DInc is Dead

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm bummed. I've had my original DInc since launch and love it. I've never had a problem with it. I manually upgraded to Froyo on Tuesday when the instructions were posted without any issues and have liked the improvements.

Now I am in Cleveland for the weekend with some buddies and I use my DInc a lot when traveling in a city. It's a huge asset. I didn't bring a camera or laptop because there was no need. Yesterday morning, I was using my DInc all day without a problem then went to look something up on YouTube to show a friend something. When I went to search the keyboard wouldn't come up. So I powered it off and powered it back up. Everything loaded fine so I went back to the YouTube app again and the screen froze. It wouldn't do anything. Then when the screen slept, I couldn't wake it back up. I pulled the battery and started it back up again only to find it would freeze after unlocking the phone. I could do one thing before it froze. I got a message saying that the Better Keyboard app had experienced an error and had to force close. I tapped Force Close then it would freeze. Same thing from Safe mode.

I called Verizon tech support and did a hard reset with them (Clear Storage option). This would freeze during activation or during the white HTC screen and I couldn't wake up the screen once it went dark still. After all this, I tried a factory reset and still the same thing so I am being sent a new phone. I am little annoyed but I think it's just a bad phone.

The worst part is that it happened while I am on vacation so I am without a backup phone and due to the holiday I will probably have to wait until Thursday to receive my new phone.

Anyway, this stinks. I was just curious if others saw similar experiences and actually resolved since I have a few days to wait.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ughh, that pretty much sucks! Can't offer you any support other than moral. Hang in there. Hopefully someone here a little more tech savvy than myself can offer you a solution.

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
It happens with any type of phone. I'm thankful both droids I have had have been really reliable for me. The Motorola Droid and the HTC incredible. This happens with even the most reliable of phones. BlackBerry is known for it's reliability but if you head on over to crackberry.com forums you'll see some people have bricked BlackBerries.

At least you are receiving a new phone Thursday. Sucks to be with out one but look at this as a break from the mobile technology world which we all are probably due a break from. When you receive your new phone Thursday you will feel pretty great about it!

piperp

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
This is true. I hope I get my new phone and this was just a one time thing. I am a little worried that I am going to run into an issue on the new refurbished phone as well. But I am getting ahead of myself. At least the responses show this isn't that common of an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463