Laggy Notification Bar after OTA 2.2

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Since 2.2 OTA my Inc is lagging when I 'wake it up'. Previously, as soon as I thumbed down the slider when brining it back from sleep/lock, I was able to immediately swipe through homescreens and pull down notification bar. After 2.2, the phone freezes for about 2 seconds before I can do anything. Very frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing this?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm rooted and running a custom Rom but I haven't had any lag waking up the phone. You might just want to restart your phone maybe that will help. There seems to be some problems with lagging issues on a bunch of different apps and or functions of the phone after the 2.2 update. If your problem doesn't go away after a day or so you may just want to go to Verizon.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. well, I have BatteryTime and Gesture Bar, so maybe these apps are causing the conflict. It will be a shame to lose these, but I'll have to play around with my installed apps and see if that's the problem.

sail4fun201

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine sometimes ****s up when I exit an app in landscape mode and try to click on a notification for that app while in portrait. That's kinda annoying I don't think it used to do that.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Since 2.2 OTA my Inc is lagging when I 'wake it up'. Previously, as soon as I thumbed down the slider when brining it back from sleep/lock, I was able to immediately swipe through homescreens and pull down notification bar. After 2.2, the phone freezes for about 2 seconds before I can do anything. Very frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I am experiencing the exact same issue you described. Today was my first full day with 2.2.. hope this gets fixed.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Never used task killer (but use Astro for other tasks) and I didn't do a factory wipe. Is this recommended? Will I lose my long list of apps and all of my contacts?

I have never read that it is necessary to do a factory wipe for 2.2. I just followed the steps on my phone, which were basically just accept the update. Then I checked under settings to make sure I did get 2.2.

I am not an expert, but my hunch is that if you were to do a factory wipe, you would probably lose everything.

I will keep an eye on how many times my phone lags and maybe we can come up with a solution. Hopefully just a temporary glitch. I have to think other people are having the same issue.

I am running ATK and thinking about uninstalling - though you mentioned you are not using a task killer and still having lag issues.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Jason I would start out by uninstalling ATK and see if your problem goes away. If not then maybe you should look into a factory reset there are easy ways of installing all your app again.

I'm rooted and always wipe my phone when updating or switching Roms.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Jason I would start out by uninstalling ATK and see if your problem goes away. If not then maybe you should look into a factory reset there are easy ways of installing all your app again.

I'm rooted and always wipe my phone when updating or switching Roms.

Thanks, Mclarryjr - I will uninstall ATK.

Can you tell me....as a mod... do you use a task killer?

Why is there so much debate on this issue ?

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
If not then maybe you should look into a factory reset there are easy ways of installing all your app again.

What are these easy ways of installing all apps again? What about that Verizon backup feature?

And what folder can I copy with all my contacts? Does this include those saved to "phone"?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
What are these easy ways of installing all apps again? What about that Verizon backup feature?

And what folder can I copy with all my contacts? Does this include those saved to "phone"?

rabaker07, as long as you have a google account, you should be able to synch your phone contacts and calender easily with your google account on your PC. For example, if you add a contact on your phone or on your PC, after your synch the two, the new contact will show up on both, same goes for the calender.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad