2.2 on the Dinc really blows

kcmh

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I came from BB (9530) and i really liked Android, now I download this 2.2 thing and wow Android sucks, keep kicking into a memory low error and won't stop programs from running.

More issues:
Battery sucks (it did on 2.1 also but it will not recharge now unless its overnighted)
video 720 looks like crap
photos look like crap
email access is slowwwwwwww
lots of FORCE CLOSED on programs. THN, Market, Amazon, just to name a few

How do I go back to 2.1? And or when does the iPhone come to VZW

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but try a factory reset. That will clear out your old settings and cache files from 2.1 that may be conflicting with 2.2.

Be sure you backup your data to your SD card first and export your addressbook to the SD card as well. AppBrain makes getting your apps back much easier as well.

Lot's of people have been reporting flaky 2.2 issues that a reset seems to fix.

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it, but try a factory reset. That will clear out your old settings and cache files from 2.1 that may be conflicting with 2.2.

Be sure you backup your data to your SD card first and export your addressbook to the SD card as well. AppBrain makes getting your apps back much easier as well.

Lot's of people have been reporting flaky 2.2 issues that a reset seems to fix.

I also did a factory reset and the battery life and charging is back to normal.

kcmh

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I did a reboot

Only 3 apps I had came back lucky one of the ones I paid for did.

Unable to get push email on one of my accounts

WTF Whats that number for Blackberry

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try Menu -> Settings -> SD & Phone Storage -> Factory Data Reset

Be sure you back up your data to the SD card first and set yourself up on AppBrain to make setting back up easier.

Hope this helps

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Try Menu -> Settings -> SD & Phone Storage -> Factory Data Reset

Be sure you back up your data to the SD card first and set yourself up on AppBrain to make setting back up easier.

Hope this helps

How do we back our data to the SD card ? Is this done by mounting to a PC and dragging and dropping etc. I already have all my photo, music and video on an SD card and my contacts should be backed up to google. Are there other items that need to be backed up ? Sorry, I should probably already understand this.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
In the People App you can also export your contacts to the SD Card.

Yes, using your PC to copy the data to the SD card will work, you can also get a file manager in the market. Astro or ADO are popular.

I also highly recomend setting up an AppBrain account on the Web, and installing the AppBrain App on your phone. Then you can "sync" your apps to appbrain. It makes re-installing your Apps much easier!

Hope this helps.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems after the update. My battery life actually got better. About 10-15 hours better for me on average.

TucsonChuck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is worse, did a factory reset and now my bluetooth headset doesn't work, and the battery life is still awful. Is it just me or does brightness fade in and out? Great flashlight app tho

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Not having those problems here. I like 2.2 better. Sounds like you need to a reset as other have mentioned.

And I hate to be the guy that ALWAYS has to say, "Have you looked into the 3500 mah extended batteries?" But a lot of new people aren't aware that they don't HAVE to deal with horrible battery life.

I've told a few people about it and they had no idea that existed. Honestly I would hate the phone if I didn't have the 3500 battery. I went from a Motorola Droid with stock battery to the Dinc and I was really mad at first. Because I had a phone I loved and went to a phone that put me on the charger all the time and it didn't even feel like a mobile device anymore. Until I decided to order the 3500mah batteries. Now it's the best phone I've ever owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid