2 New Annoying Things Since 2.2 Upgrade...

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Two new things that have been irking me since the 2.2 upgrade, not sure if it's just my phone or everyone else.

1) I use Handscent for texting. When I get a text message there is like 3-5 second lag to when it actually appears on my phone. My phone backlight lights up and nothing happens for 3-5 seconds and then I receive the text message. It's really odd and never happened in 2.1. Not the end of the world but wondering if this is is a handscent issue or a SMS issue.

2) The Android Music player skips A LOT. It never used to skip, now I got a constant 1 second pause about twice a song.

Minor issues, but just venting asking if anyone else experienced this?

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Two new things that have been irking me since the 2.2 upgrade, not sure if it's just my phone or everyone else.

1) I use Handscent for texting. When I get a text message there is like 3-5 second lag to when it actually appears on my phone. My phone backlight lights up and nothing happens for 3-5 seconds and then I receive the text message. It's really odd and never happened in 2.1. Not the end of the world but wondering if this is is a handscent issue or a SMS issue.

2) The Android Music player skips A LOT. It never used to skip, now I got a constant 1 second pause about twice a song.

Minor issues, but just venting asking if anyone else experienced this?

Have not noticed this issue with Handcent but HAVE noticed the music skipping, and I agree it is very annoying. Anyone know of a fix??

IncrediBry

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So when you get a new text message do you have the pop up notifications set?

IE...If you get a new text and your screen is off it will light up and pop up with the text right away with no lag?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
The music problem can be fixed. I've seen where quite a few people who were having that issue were able to fix it on the forum. The other issue I don't have.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
So when you get a new text message do you have the pop up notifications set?

IE...If you get a new text and your screen is off it will light up and pop up with the text right away with no lag?

Actually I don't use the pop up feature of Handcent... as soon as my screen lights up I get the notification in the bar and a preview of the message though.. no lag at all that I've noticed with that

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Any idea how they fixed it? I haven't seen any fixes for it, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there lol
My music skipping issues went away after I reformatted my SD card with the phones internal format utility. But in my case I think it had to do with been a new SD card (before 2.2 I had my music in the phone's internal storage).

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Any idea how they fixed it? I haven't seen any fixes for it, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there lol

I'm actually not sure because I didn't have the problem but I seen on a few threads on here that it was fixed. It seemed that most people had a lower class SD card. SD cards come in different classes. 2.2 might require a higher speed.

I'd recommend getting at least a class 6 or 8 SD card. Most people only have a class 2 and run into problems. Before it didn't matter much but it seems that it does with 2.2.

And as the previous poster said he formatted his card. That is easy to do too. Just drag all your files to your desktop or something, format, and then drag them back on there.

Either way it seems like an issue most people are fixing by nothing something simple.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i had handscent but my swype stopped working. so i uninstalled swype then reinstalled everything was fine. but then it started to act up again, so removed handscent & swype worked again. but now swype is not working again. swype doesnt want to play nice with froyo....

bbui4

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
i had handscent but my swype stopped working. so i uninstalled swype then reinstalled everything was fine. but then it started to act up again, so removed handscent & swype worked again. but now swype is not working again. swype doesnt want to play nice with froyo....

I think there is a new swype installer, the beta is having slot of problems with froyo .

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype is working great with Froyo so far for me.

Just got the newest Swype Beta Installer which loaded the current beta Swype keyboard. If you are in the beta program and are having problems, you should go to their forum and post your problems. That is the whole point of the beta program.

It is not yet an official product yet.

FrankTheFrowner

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Noticed the same thing with the music player. Will look into reformatting the card, but have to backup first. Is there an easy way to tell what class your card is?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois