USB connection with mac

bemasterized

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just a question - every time i connect my DInc with my Mac, an error message pops up - "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". any idea how to fix that?

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I ran into the same issue, and believe it's the HTC Connection Manager trying to install on the computer. I've noticed this ever since upgrading to 2.2. If you plug it into a Windows PC, a pop-up will ask if you want to install it.

Unfortunately, I also have no clue how to fix it.

EDIT: Don't worry though. You can hit ignore, mount the disk, and it should function properly...

Last edited:

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I just tried it. I can confirm that this works. But what will happen or not happen when connecting to my PC. Will I be missing something?
This works the same for both Mac and Windows. On the Mac it is more annoying because it shows up as a "drive error". On Windows you will only get a 3rd drive (Verizon). As far as I know you don't need it even if you use Verizon's syncing software (for Windows). Once you follow the instructions above, the drive wont' show up on either Mac or Windows.

galactor

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This is awesome. I actually just made a thread...my bad. This works perfect.
I've been here for less than a month and I see duplicate threads all the time. Search function is not great, it just requires some patience. Still, lot of people willing to help :)