Soft keys lighting up by itself on standby?

stevenhglee#AC

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
So recently I've been catching my incredible's 4 soft keys on the bottom (home, menu, back, search) lighting up on its own when my phone's screen is off and on standby. It was weird because I caught the white glow from the corner of my eye as the phone was just resting on the table with the screen off. It would turn on for about 5-6 seconds then turn off again for about 10-15 seconds or so, and then it would turn on again...I'm literally freaking out. If I unlock the screen and then turn it off again, it doesn't do it anymore, so I'm not sure why it just randomly does it. I've caught it doing it twice in the past 2 days

Anyone have this issue?

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I caught mine doing it too. Didn't start happening until the 2.2 upgrade. Not sure what it means or what the cure is but it really makes you question your sanity.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
i mean, is it the intended function for the soft keys to glow like that when it's syncing? I actually have no clue. If so, then that would explain it

Not 100% sure, but if they are coming on then going off it would make sense. Next time you notice it; see if it stops by itself. Also, check and see what your Sync times are for your apps like facebook, peep and whatnot. There may be a correlation.

Like I said? It?s a thought. I noticed on my wife?s DInc her screen stays on when charging with the original HTC charger, but mine does not and I?m using a generic 1amp Micro USB charger. No biggie, I hit the poser on her phone and the screen goes out. I know my phone syncs while I?m asleep, but at the time I don?t notice if the lights come on or not! ;)

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For the screen staying on while charging, check Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development and see if you have Stay Awake on.

As for the soft keys lighting up... I've seen that. It happens when I have email inbound to the phone. The screen doesn't light up, but the softkeys do. Doesn't do it all the time and I've only noticed at night when it is dark.

stevenhglee#AC

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
For the screen staying on while charging, check Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Development and see if you have Stay Awake on.

As for the soft keys lighting up... I've seen that. It happens when I have email inbound to the phone. The screen doesn't light up, but the softkeys do. Doesn't do it all the time and I've only noticed at night when it is dark.

i did have an unread email in gmail and shown in my notifications at the time, so I think we're going somewhere here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance