New Swype issues.

cicago447

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the link to install the new version. When I click on the link it says that I do not have an android device. DOes anyone else get this with there Dinc?
thanks

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
..and you have to already be registered in their beta program , because after you download it ,,it then directs you to the website to log in(name and password) , otherwise it wont install even after you download it .

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has to be accessed through you device....

I downloaded this today and it worked fine on my Dinc w/2.2....

Lego!

Last edited:

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If your default browser is anything other than the stock browser, make sure you have your UAString set to "android." Anything else and it will tell you that you don't have an Android device.

Last edited:

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Some people don't read very well.
"DOes anyone else get this with there Dinc?"
He wasnt using his computer browser.

If my advice helped please use the thank you button.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually, if he has any problems he should be contacting them on the Swype Beta forum for support. It IS a BETA program and the whole purpose of the BETA is for them to get the feedback on what isn't working or what people are misunderstanding.

Jim_1234

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I have rooted my phone swype works only when it wants to. I just upgraded to the new version and it is still not working.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I v noticed since 2.2 after a reboot swype will not work. If you go to a text box and long press then switch input method to another keyboard and then switch back to swype then it works fine.... Until you reboot again...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a noted issue in the Swype beta forums, and that is the fix the Swype guys passed down until they can do something about it.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I v noticed since 2.2 after a reboot swype will not work. If you go to a text box and long press then switch input method to another keyboard and then switch back to swype then it works fine.... Until you reboot again...

This is a noted issue in the Swype beta forums, and that is the fix the Swype guys passed down until they can do something about it.

The problem I'm noticing since installing the newest version is it does this alot more, even when the phone hasn't been rebooted. I'll have to check out the official swype beta forums and see if others are seeing this.

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

This happened to me after the Froyo update. This latest beta of Swype has resolved this issue for me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me after the Froyo update. This latest beta of Swype has resolved this issue for me.

It's only done it once since I installed the new version. But I'm not completely blaming it on Swype since I have been running AOSP roms and they aren't exactly the same as the Sense roms.

drrrewww

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

So I got in the official swype beta a few days ago and installed the app and was loving it then I got the bug everyone else is getting. Uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. I even had smart keyboard pro before too and tried re-enabling that, no luck. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling that as well. Nothing. Now the only keyboard that works on my phone is the stock android keyboard.

I though maybe it was because I use handcent but neither keyboard will work in the stock messages app either. Any ideas? Anyone seen this before? My phone has been a bit buggy recently. Like shutting off randomly, think it could be my phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)