Music Player Missing Information

CHWard

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I received 2.2 on my Incredible, my music players (3, Music, etc...) will not recognize the artist name, track number, etc...

It is claiming all the info is unknown, yet I can still see it in the file.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or know hot to fix it?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I assume you have rebooted since you got 2.2. If not, reboot and see if it reads the info correctly on reboot. If you have the music on an SDCard, you can just dismount then mount your SDCard instead of doing a full reboot.
I have not had any problems with my mp3s & ogg files since 2.2 (except some player skipping).
:confused:

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Have any WMAs? There is a known issue with compatibility for metadata (tag info) for WMA files on 2.2. I have not looked at it carefully (I don't have any WMAs) but I seem to recall that the presence of a WMA in the playlist can jigger tag data for all files. At the very least froyo can't read the data for WMAs, that much I am sure about.

I hate to be the "do a search" guy, but I'm on mobile and can't post a link easily. But search wma in the forum, or wma and froyo on the net and you should find it. I think I saw it on the Android bug-reporting forum.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I had opened a bug on google's site that you can go to and star. It's referenced in teh other posts.

In addition, I just heard back from HTC second-level support about this. Their response was "The wrapper for wma files is different and therefore we cannot predict what will be in them. We suggest you use one of the many freely available audio converters to convert to mp3."

Okay, first off, this is bull**** and an extremely lazy of them. Secondly, it worked fine in 2.1 so we know it's an issue with teh google code in 2.2 (I only submitted a ticket to HTC in the hopes that they would implement a fix before google). And third, if every other major music player on the planet can play wma files just fine, I don't think it's too much to ask a smart phone to do.

This might be my last HTC phone just because of how horrible their support is.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem, I thought it was just me. I keep getting tracks/artist unknown after Android 2.2.

Any one know if you use a third party music player from the market, does it see the information?

Last edited:

CHWard

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I have found a temporary work around.

After downloading Museek from the market, it updated all of the tags/artists/tracks etc...

It only works in Museek, but at least I can keep my music organized.

Again, this should only be a temporary fix. Google really needs to get this fixed.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Try loading your SD Card up with MusicBrainz Picard. And let it fix it. Great program for your computer to keep your organized with correct ID tags.

I know that Mixzing will fix alot of things too and download cover art etc.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Has any one tried the other music players on the market place that retains the music information?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante