USB Connection and Charging Problems since 2.2 update

mtn335

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Stock Droid Incredible, not rooted, Official Verizon OTA 2.2

Since I got 2.2 (standard OTA upgrade), I'm experiencing the following problems:

(1) When I plug my phone into any USB power source (wall, Mac, PC, car), music playback stops and I get a "No Music Found" note in the HTC Music app, and "SDCARD is busy" on Astro Player.

(2) When I plug my phone into a computer (mac or PC), the same as above happens. My settings are that the default is "Charge Only" but "ask every time" is checked. Since 2.2 upgrade, the phone never asks what type of connection I want.

(3) I can't get any computer to mount the phone storage or SD card to add/remove files

I've tried messing with the settings, I've restarted phones and computers, removed battery, etc. No factory reset yet, but will try that. Any other ideas? This is *really* annoying and, since I use the phone as an audiobook player, kills it since I now can't charge and listen at the same time.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

bp262

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact issue as #1 above. No matter the settings it continues to unmount the sd card whenever a cable is plugged in, even if it's just a wall wart or car charger.

Annoying!

o2l8

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Stock Droid Incredible, not rooted, Official Verizon OTA 2.2

Since I got 2.2 (standard OTA upgrade), I'm experiencing the following problems:

(1) When I plug my phone into any USB power source (wall, Mac, PC, car), music playback stops and I get a "No Music Found" note in the HTC Music app, and "SDCARD is busy" on Astro Player.

(2) When I plug my phone into a computer (mac or PC), the same as above happens. My settings are that the default is "Charge Only" but "ask every time" is checked. Since 2.2 upgrade, the phone never asks what type of connection I want.

(3) I can't get any computer to mount the phone storage or SD card to add/remove files

I've tried messing with the settings, I've restarted phones and computers, removed battery, etc. No factory reset yet, but will try that. Any other ideas? This is *really* annoying and, since I use the phone as an audiobook player, kills it since I now can't charge and listen at the same time.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

you have,doubletwist and it is set to auto usb on your andtoid device.

AlexReid

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Winamp Could Cause This Also

I just experienced the same problem. When I plug my HTC Incredible into a charger, then the SD card is no longer available.

I just installed Winamp yesterday. After poking around in the settings I discovered that the "Enable auto-mount" setting was the culprit.

Thanks for the doubletwist reference o2l8, I would not have thought to look at the Winamp settings without knowing about that software.

JohnBPrice

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Aha! Thank you AlexReid. I was having the same problem but didn't have DoubleTwist. I do have WinAmp and that was the culprit.

mtn335, bp262, I previously found that after I plugged in, if I went back to notifications and chose "Charge Only" a second time, it would re-mount the sd card on the phone and I could use apps that need the sd card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon