I wonder if our DIncs will get the new Sense UI

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Probably not for a while, if ever from HTC. Yet as soon as we get a system dump, you can bet the rom cookers will put something together for us. ;)

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware about this HTC Sense upgrade until 10 minutes ago. I had totally forgot about the London press conference. But an update to an already great UI is icing on the cake. What else could they add to Sense that it doesn't already do!

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware about this HTC Sense upgrade until 10 minutes ago. I had totally forgot about the London press conference. But an update to an already great UI is icing on the cake. What else could they add to Sense that it doesn't already do!

Horizontal navigation. That is all it is really missing IMO.

A "nice to have" would be customizable icons on the bottom bar.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The Landscape option for Sense (which it looks like it will have judging by the Desire Z pictures) would be a nice addition. It will be hit or miss on if the Incredible actually gets it but I won't be upset if it doesn't get it cause the phone still works great (I still think its the fastest phone out right now).

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
No sure why we wouldn't get it.

I mean, the Incredible is one of the most powerful units out there in the HTC line... including the EVO.

So, unless HTC is looking to exclude 90% of their current line with this upgrade, one would think that at least the high end units would be included.

The real question is, will it be this year or next!

Lego!

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If it is coming to the Incredible, I think it would be baked in with a 2011 release of Android 3.0 (Gingerbread).

Do you honestly expect us to get Android 3.0? By that time the Incredible will be over a year old and there will probably be six or seven "Droids" that will surpass it. Seeing as how the Eris won't get upgraded to 2.2, when the update was released less than a year from the phone launch, I highly doubt we will be receiving another update unless it's a basic bug fix.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you honestly expect us to get Android 3.0? By that time the Incredible will be over a year old and there will probably be six or seven "Droids" that will surpass it. Seeing as how the Eris won't get upgraded to 2.2, when the update was released less than a year from the phone launch, I highly doubt we will be receiving another update unless it's a basic bug fix.

Yeah we will get Gingerbread (look at the Moto Droid which just got Froyo). Incredible is still a top tier device and HTC almost always takes care of their customers with upgrades (unlike Samsung) at least for their flagship devices (NOTE: Droid Eris is not a flagship device, it's an entry level device like the Devour)

I personally think we will get the new sense, but unless there is another MR upgrade to fix other bugs it wont be till Gingerbread. I'm personally hoping for a MR upgrade.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If it is coming to the Incredible, I think it would be baked in with a 2011 release of Android 3.0 (Gingerbread).

Sweet Baby Jesus In a Tiny Canoe!

Don?t say things like that? you?ll jinx it for all of us!

If HTC hears something like that, we won?t get Gingerbread with new sense until Jujube is ready to come out!

:D :D :D

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah we will get Gingerbread (look at the Moto Droid which just got Froyo). Incredible is still a top tier device and HTC almost always takes care of their customers with upgrades (unlike Samsung) at least for their flagship devices (NOTE: Droid Eris is not a flagship device, it's an entry level device like the Devour)

I personally think we will get the new sense, but unless there is another MR upgrade to fix other bugs it wont be till Gingerbread. I'm personally hoping for a MR upgrade.

Logic definitely makes sense, and I certainly hope you're right. At this point, it really is strange to think about all the lineage which will undoubtedly surpass the Incredible over the next 12 months. But going off of your main points- HTC taking especially good care of its patrons, and the Incredible being a high-end flagship device, I'm liking our chances for both the new Sense config and Gingerbread 3.0.

Ah, how I adore speculation...

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see most of you feel we will get it. I feel like HTC would take care of us but I also feel Verizon could decide to never release it. I just do not trust the carriers very much.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Probably not for a while, if ever from HTC. Yet as soon as we get a system dump, you can bet the rom cookers will put something together for us. ;)

You are dang right!

Indeed, didn't Google say that they would be delivering Gingerbread by the end of the year....but how long will it take to port the new sense and htc get a good copy through Verizon's testing. The one thing I'm extremely happy about is Google slowing down development to one release a year. Hopefully that happens so we aren't always waiting on the 'new' release like we did with Froyo.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Sense because it tended to restart a lot once I got Froyo on my Incredible. I switched to LauncherPro and their widgets and haven't looked back. I get landscape mode, resizeable widgets and a much more configurable UI.

What does the new Sense UI have that might make me want to switch back?

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Sweet Baby Jesus In a Tiny Canoe!

Don?t say things like that? you?ll jinx it for all of us!

If HTC hears something like that, we won?t get Gingerbread with new sense until Jujube is ready to come out!

:D :D :D

LOL! Yeah, don't go testing the cell phone gods.