Droid X or Dinc.

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is maybe a bad place to put this but, I'm going to buy an android phone this weekend and I was wondering, droid x or dinc? I really like the screen on the x but I'm not sure if It has the same "modability" as the dinc, I heard like you can't flash kernels and stuff to the x and I'm really into that stuff and I would like to start developing for android once I get a phone, what is your opinion?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Just depends. If I didn't have the extended battery I wouldn't be able to deal with my Dinc. I hated it before then. I was used to the Motorola Droid before then which would last longer.

I liked the way the motorola was built. I liked that the Motorola was very smooth. Even though it had a slower processor than the HTC it still seemed like it ran smoother.

The droid X I haven't used. But I am a pretty big fan of the Motorola Android devices because of my great experience with the original droid. I'm not sure what I'll go for when I upgrade but it's very possible I will go Motorola over HTC next time.

I'm not a huge fan of the huge screen though. I'd probably get the motorola droid 2.

peppermintpea

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i just got rid of my DX...i had it since the first day and was on my 3rd one. Rebooted all the time and locked up...It was a pretty big phone...I finally decided enough and went to the Dinc (no chg) and havent regretted it one bit! LOVE the DINC!!!!!!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're going to want to flash different ROM's then the DInc is the choice. I don't think they have cracked the e-fuse on the X yet.

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Played with both extensively and X wins hands down.

Faster and has a better screen & Gpu. The Incredible is nice but it has issues with the antenna radio and u have to turn it off to fully charge it. I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day.

Both phones are good but I like the X a lot better.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The rebooting and glitches in the Motorola should be enough to turn you away, in addition, there isn't a good extended capacity battery available for the Droid X where the Dinc has a 2200,2700 and 3500mah battery available....and stock battery life sucks on both phones if used heavy so a extended is a must have.
The HTC is also noticeably more responsive, smoother, faster and the AMOLED has significantly better, higher definition screen image for its size.
The only phone I would choose over the Incredible would be the Samsung Galaxy S ....Fascinate.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Played with both extensively and X wins hands down.

Faster and has a better screen & Gpu. The Incredible is nice but it has issues with the antenna radio and u have to turn it off to fully charge it. I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day.

Both phones are good but I like the X a lot better.

Calling BS on that from my experience with the two side by side, its not even close in performance, the Incredible is much more refined than the clunky Motorola Droid X.
Neither....no phone is brighter than the sun(!!) so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.
PS> I work in the sunlight every day with the Incredible and it lives in the grimy construction environment...and is doing very well

Last edited:

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Calling BS on that from my experience with the two side by side, its not even close in performance, the Incredible is much more refined than the clunky Motorola Droid X.
Neither phone is brighter in the sun so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.

The X was voted for best battery life of any Android phone. I can go 2 days with it on leaked 2.2 whereas I could only get a day on my Evo running 2.2. The Incredible is said to have bad battery life so yeah. My friend has the 1750 extended battery on it and he still can't get as good battery life as my X's stock battery.

And I've compared both outside. The X is much more viewable. Put the Incredible on full brightness and it's not as bright/vibrant as the X and Evo screens in sunlight. Im glad they're doing away with regular amoled screens.

Ryobi

Banned
Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
The rebooting and glitches in the Motorola should be enough to turn you away, in addition, there isn't a good extended capacity battery available for the Droid X where the Dinc has a 2200,2700 and 3500mah battery available....and stock battery life sucks on both phones if used heavy so a extended is a must have.
The HTC is also noticeably more responsive, smoother, faster and the AMOLED has significantly better, higher definition screen image for its size.
The only phone I would choose over the Incredible would be the Samsung Galaxy S ....Fascinate.

The X has the extended battery available and it's good enough. And it has no freaking hump like the others.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I also HATE the amoled screen as it's impossible to see outside during a nice summer day..

If you are suggesting the screen on the X is better, you are obviously expressing an opinion NOT based on actual experience...

Side by side comparison shows both are equally poor in sunlight.

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If you are suggesting the screen on the X is better, you are obviously expressing an opinion NOT based on actual experience...

Side by side comparison shows both are equally poor in sunlight.

Ummm I can read my DX in sunlight just fine. Can't say the same about the DInc.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have both the dx and dinc and both have zagg screen protectors on them.
While it is hard to see the dinc screen in sunlight I know from firsthand, it is also hard to see the dx screen as well in direct sunlight, its a little easier to see the dx screen over the dinc screen ,,, but not by alot ;)

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both the dx and dinc and both have zagg screen protectors on them.
While it is hard to see the dinc screen in sunlight I know from firsthand, it is also hard to see the dx screen as well in direct sunlight, its a little easier to see the dx screen over the dinc screen ,,, but not by alot ;)

What is the brightness setting you used?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What is the brightness setting you used?

Both the screen's brightness on the devices are set to almost all the way down just a little bit of color in the graph bar, and auto brightness is ticked off on both devices as well

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Neither....no phone is brighter than the sun(!!) so that is a bad comparison and the Incredible has similar resolution packed into a smaller screen...ie higher definition and significantly more vibrant colors from OLED than regular LCD.
PS> I work in the sunlight every day with the Incredible and it lives in the grimy construction environment...and is doing very well

No my X was smoother than the Incredible. Of course I was using the Adw launcher because I prefer it to every other launcher. I also noticed on a lot of web pages and playing games, the X was smooth whereas the Incredible was choppy.

X > Fascinate > Droid 2 > Incredible

But Hummingbird > Omap > Snapdragon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed