First, I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere, but I was unable to find a post that addresses this specific issue.

When I go to bed, my battery is at about 95%. Bluetooth is off, wifi is on. When I wake up about 7-8 hours later, the battery is at about 45%. I find this to be strange because if I charge it after getting up in the morning, I'll actually use it periodically throughout the day (phone calls, text, Market, Facebook, etc.), and nearly 10 hours later, the battery is at about 70%. I'm puzzled as to why so much battery power is lost during the night when I'm not using it at all. It is powered on then, but bluetooth is off and wifi is on, just as they are during the day. Whenever I check Battery use, Cell standby and Phone idle are always using about 32% each. Any ideas?
    09-21-2010 01:51 PM
    It sounds like you may have an application running all night but I have no idea why it wouldn't run during the day too. You can get system panel from the market and try o find the app that is causing your problem or you can uninstall apps one at a time to figure it out.
    09-21-2010 02:28 PM
    Are you at the same place during the day and at night?

The reason I ask is that it's possible you may have a low signal at home. Sometimes a very low signal can cause the phone to constantly look for a stronger signal, which drains the battery. My old phone did this before I moved to a new place and had a much better signal.
    09-21-2010 03:13 PM
    @mclarryjr - Thanks for the suggestion. I will try out that app.

@Blah - Sorry, I should have mentioned that. I work from home, so I am at my apartment all day and all night. I've heard that leaving wifi on actually helps battery life so the phone is not constantly searching for the 3G signal, so I do leave that on. I only turn off wifi when I periodically leave my apartment.
    09-21-2010 03:18 PM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a reason why you leave it on all night long without it being on the charger? I would just plug it in before you go to bed and then it will be fully charged when you wake up and sounds like it would last you throughout the day
    09-21-2010 06:20 PM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a reason why you leave it on all night long without it being on the charger? I would just plug it in before you go to bed and then it will be fully charged when you wake up and sounds like it would last you throughout the day
    I do it to test how long the battery will last. Since I'm at home all day anyway, even if it's dead when I wake up, I know that I can plug it in right away and afford to sit around while it charges.
    09-21-2010 06:58 PM
    has a automatic task killer struck again?

If you have a taskkiller .....kill it, they'll cause battery problems...etc.
    09-21-2010 08:51 PM
    has a automatic task killer struck again?

If you have a taskkiller .....kill it, they'll cause battery problems...etc.
    I have a taskkiller, but it doesn't run automatically. I call it up manually and the last process I kill is the taskkiller itself.
    09-22-2010 09:23 AM
    Also, I have the Seido 1750 mAh battery. So far, I am rather unimpressed with it. I don't notice any increase in battery life, even after bump charging.
    09-22-2010 09:39 AM
    This isn't right, you should look into any applications that might be running all night, or applications that prevent your phone from going to sleep. My phone has it's "best" battery life at night. I probably only lose 4-6% at night while I'm at sleep (Wifi is kept on because Wifi takes less battery life than 3G as you stated). During the day with all the email syncing I probably go through 25% percent in 8 hours.
    09-22-2010 11:26 AM
    My phone has it's "best" battery life at night.
    That is what I expect, too. That's been the case for every phone I've ever owned, smartphone or otherwise. I think a factory reset would be a good idea at this point. It's a minor pain, but it'd be worth it to find out what effect it would have.
    09-22-2010 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD