No auto switch from WIFI to 3G/1x

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my incredible, I realized that if I was at home connected to WIFI, and I left, I would have no data connection at all. Just the signal strength bars. If I would shut it down and restart it, it come back with 3G or at least 1x. Called Verizon, they had me manually turn off WIFI while at home, and verified the auto switch to 3G would not occur. Did a factory reset, and everything worked like it should have. Last night I rooted using Unrevoked 3.21, but kept standard FROYO, and am now back to not having the auto switch. If I leave home and my WIFI, I have to reboot the phone when I'm out of range of my router to get the switch to 3G.

First, has anyone else seen this?

And I might as well ask this now, cause I'm sure it's where I'm headed. If I do a factory reset, am I still rooted? I did a nandroid backup, and a Titanium backup, will these actually help me now to get the phone back to the way it is now (minus the data connection problems) even after a factory reset?

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my incredible, I realized that if I was at home connected to WIFI, and I left, I would have no data connection at all. Just the signal strength bars. If I would shut it down and restart it, it come back with 3G or at least 1x. Called Verizon, they had me manually turn off WIFI while at home, and verified the auto switch to 3G would not occur. Did a factory reset, and everything worked like it should have. Last night I rooted using Unrevoked 3.21, but kept standard FROYO, and am now back to not having the auto switch. If I leave home and my WIFI, I have to reboot the phone when I'm out of range of my router to get the switch to 3G.

First, has anyone else seen this?

And I might as well ask this now, cause I'm sure it's where I'm headed. If I do a factory reset, am I still rooted? I did a nandroid backup, and a Titanium backup, will these actually help me now to get the phone back to the way it is now (minus the data connection problems) even after a factory reset?

Menu>Settings>Wireless & Network> Mobile Network>Enable (Green Checkmark in box)

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep, thats's how I noticed it wasn't switching. Left home, tried loading a web page, and it came up with page not available. Then tried Score mobile, pop up said data connection not available.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, thats's how I noticed it wasn't switching. Left home, tried loading a web page, and it came up with page not available. Then tried Score mobile, pop up said data connection not available.

Maybe there is a data outage going on right now, cuz this is the first time i have seen this happen. Where are you located?

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do a reboot and retest. I just did and its working fine again. There may have been a data outage cuz my gf just told me she was having data issues on her B Storm as well.