Swype beta issues

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So a friend of mine recently purchased the Dinc, and of course it came pre-installed with Swype (which he loves) but he never was asked to sign in to anything to get a beta account; now the beta period has run out and for whatever reason there isn' and update available in the market and he (naturally) doesn't have a beta acoount, so he's unable to download a new version. Is there a known solution to this?

Thanks!

Edit: I should note that I'm not looking for an apk or anything; my understanding is that Dinc's were supposed to have a reoccurring license for Swype just like my X does, and if so what should be done to renew his version of Swype.

Last edited:

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
That is so strange. The beta has been closed for a while, and it's his first smartphone (well, he had a WinMo5.x at one point, but that doesn't really count) so I'm pretty sure he wasn't hacking stuff onto his totally stock phone. Wonder if he got a refurb? I can't imagine (it came in a new box and everything) but WTH? Anyways, thanks for the comments and I apologize for cluttering your Dinc forums with this since it was based on an incorrect premise.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, just ran across a keyboard programd at least as good as Swype, and maybe better. I've only used it a could days now, but am VERY impressed with Ultra Keyboard. And it has the microphone for speech-to-text.

You can find it in the market and try it free for 24 hours. If you like it, the price is under $3.

(I'm not affiliated with the programmers in any way. I am just impressed that we finally have what seems to be a great alternative to Swype. Ultra Keyboard seems to work well, is customizable, inexpensive, and..... legal! Take THAT Swype developers.)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I gunno try either slide it or ultra keyboard both on the market( or AppBrain) for dinc.

Swype is preinstalled on dx tho

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
SlideIT is awesome!!!!! Holy cow...I actually like it better than swype. Plus it has a mic button.

5.99 euro is a lot and I don't know if I will fork it over.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked SlideIT as well , so far so good, but not sure if I will pay for it right now still in my free test period tho so will see how it goes . It is kinda alot , hoping it goes on sale , lol

Santino_11

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The swype people are idiots. Their program is buggy, they know of horrible issues that are plaguing the app, but do nothing to fix the problem.

The only reason why Swype is still around is because the name sounds cool. Once the fad passes, the superior product (slide it) will put them out of business