Handcent won't stop installing; make it go away!

essea

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did a few searches and didn't find anything about this, so I hope it's not a repeat.

I installed Handcent to try it out, but I don't particularly like it. I went to uninstall, and in the Market on my downloads screen, it just shows it as "installing". It's been like this all day (I downloaded the program and started using it yesterday). I can't make it stop, and now I can't get the program off my phone. I'm afraid all this "installing" business is eating my battery.

Help?

revmegmom

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is Handcent. I think it is the Android Market. I am having the same problem with 2 other apps. Cant get them to stop "Installing"

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You're right, it is the market. Go into the Market. Menu > Downloads > Cancel.
It's having trouble with the download for some reason. I've seen it a few times.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> find Handcent -> Clear Data and Clear Cache

Does this work for you?

revmegmom

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Still hasn't worked for me...I even uninstalled the offending app and it is still hung up on "installing" in the market...won't let me stop...won't let me cancel....hmmm

would it be bad to clear the data and cache on Android Market??

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Still hasn't worked for me...I even uninstalled the offending app and it is still hung up on "installing" in the market...won't let me stop...won't let me cancel....hmmm

would it be bad to clear the data and cache on Android Market??

Nope try that, that should work as a backup if you can't do it to the app itself. Your apps are backed up on googles cloud so nothing bad should happen. Use appbrain as a backup if you are worried about it.

Reactions: revmegmom

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same problem with V cast tones (not a fan of the Verizon bloat wear, but I like to change my ring back tone) where it was hung up on the download, but would not let me cancel, but finally this worked. thank you.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I have problems access downloads from market when connected via wifi. I disconnect and then no problems.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21