just switched from the fascinate

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well as it says I just switched over. Is bump charging still necessary? Any app recommendations? Is WiFi tendering free if uprooted. I could swear I read somewhere that it was for the incredible. Thanks
Brian

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If you root your phone you can wirelessly tether without having to pay an additional fees by using an app like "Wireless Tether"

Hard to say what apps would be useful. What do you like to do with your phone?

Bump charging can help, but depending on how much you use the phone, it may not be needed.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you root your phone you can wirelessly tether without having to pay an additional fees by using an app like "Wireless Tether"

Hard to say what apps would be useful. What do you like to do with your phone?

Bump charging can help, but depending on how much you use the phone, it may not be needed.

as far as apps, i just meant power management apps, not apps in general. i know with juice defender on my fascinate i had nearly a 50 hour battery before i decided to charge it (it was still at like 10-20%). Is something like that necessary on the dinc? because 50 hours is absurdly long and i don't want to throttle my 3g connection to preserve battery if it doesn't need it

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
bump charging isnt always necessary but it can help. you will need to deal with the fact the battery will suck balls. there are alternative batteries to buy which can help.

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Bump charging is needed if you charge your phone overnight. A user actually found out that once your phone is on the charger and it reaches 100% that it stops pulling power from the wall and starts running off the battery which is why when you unplug it it says 100 at first but goes to its true level which for some ppl can be around 85% depending on the apps running in the background on the phone and the connections its on

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Bump charging is needed if you charge your phone overnight. A user actually found out that once your phone is on the charger and it reaches 100% that it stops pulling power from the wall and starts running off the battery which is why when you unplug it it says 100 at first but goes to its true level which for some ppl can be around 85% depending on the apps running in the background on the phone and the connections its on

Did not know this.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for all the quick replies. It looks like i will be bump charging and investing in a new battery. If i charge with the phone off would that eliminate the need to bump?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have never tried Juice Defender so I'm not sure if it works or not but have seen some negative post about it, if I find them I will post a link.

For bump charging I use an external battery with the Seidio 1750 which isn't the same but gives me the same results as bump charging.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have never tried Juice Defender so I'm not sure if it works or not but have seen some negative post about it, if I find them I will post a link.

For bump charging I use an external battery with the Seidio 1750 which isn't the same but gives me the same results as bump charging.

I just know I loved using it on my Droids. It was the first app I tried to get on my Fascinate but like I said, on Launch Day it didn't work.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I just know I loved using it on my Droids. It was the first app I tried to get on my Fascinate but like I said, on Launch Day it didn't work.

it worked well on my fascinate. make sure to download juice defender beta not juice defender battery. i don't know why but the beta seems to work better even though they appear to be the same app. also juice plotter gives you an estimated discharge time

Reactions: packerbacker

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
it worked well on my fascinate. make sure to download juice defender beta not juice defender battery. i don't know why but the beta seems to work better even though they appear to be the same app. also juice plotter gives you an estimated discharge time

Oh hey thanks. I have the battery one- I will switch.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If i charge with the phone off would that eliminate the need to bump?

Yes.

I bought two spare batteries and a battery charger off eBay for $10 shipped. yes, I know they're fake, but they last about ten hours each. I keep one charged in my desk and one in the charger and swap whenever needed. No big deal for me because I don't want to change the form factor to accommodate the bigger battery. And some days I don't need to swap at all.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

I bought two spare batteries and a battery charger off eBay for $10 shipped. yes, I know they're fake, but they last about ten hours each. I keep one charged in my desk and one in the charger and swap whenever needed. No big deal for me because I don't want to change the form factor to accommodate the bigger battery. And some days I don't need to swap at all.

that sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind keeping a battery in my pocket.

@packerbacker let me know if you notice a difference

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How much extra bulk does the 3500 add? I know it'll fit in my suit pockets but I don't want to get it if it doesn't fit in the jeans I wear around campus