Android 3.0

mprobert

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Will this be coming out exclusively for tablets or smart phones as well? If it does come out for smart phones will the DI get a taste? The DI is falling behind in benchmarks (has a super fast processor) but the gpu is just garbage. Video/Graphics are its weak point. Nenmark on a good day 13.6 fps. My dads fascinate gets like 40+ easy on android 2.1.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You tell me if the nexus is getting it. shouldn't you think the inc is getting it also the inc isn't falling behind . Your talking about a samsung device ours is htc different story. Inc is one of the best htc devices.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible is not falling behind at all. HTC takes care of their devices very well and they wouldn't abandon it like Samsung abandoned the Behold II. The gpu is sufficient enough for a lot of games. My Evo runs Asphalt 5 really well even with a weak Adreno GPU. The GPU will not and cannot be overclocked on the Evo or the Incredible, so nothing will affect its performance unless if the fps somehow got boosted.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Then go buy a Fascinate. The Dinc's gpu isnt garbage. Its just no longer the new shiny. Big deal, it doesnt mean the Incredible is in anyway over or outdated. If you think its too slow there are so many options out there, but saying this device is past its prime is just ignorant. little hint, it IS a phone.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i just traded in my fascinate for an incredible and I am so much happier. Fascinate may be ahead hardware wise but the incredible is so much smoother

joryoung

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think that the only phone that outdoes the DINC is the EVO and that is only because of 4g and larger screen... Personally I prefer the DINC.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If the dinc had better battery life i feel like there would be no need for other droids except the original ones. solely due to the physical keyboard

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I traded Epic for Evo and I have never felt happier to have an HTC phone. Some Fascinate to DInc users have reported their happiness (I'm looking at you hockeyplayr :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
But of course we are going to get Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream, JuJubee, Lolipop, Mohita, Nugat, Oreo, Peanut Brickel, Quiche, Red Velvet Cake, Sviadle (sp?), TubeCake, Sorry - I'm tapped out and the DInc probly wont get the next one anyway. :)

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Then go buy a Fascinate. The Dinc's gpu isnt garbage. Its just no longer the new shiny. Big deal, it doesnt mean the Incredible is in anyway over or outdated. If you think its too slow there are so many options out there, but saying this device is past its prime is just ignorant. little hint, it IS a phone.

Amen !!

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Had the Facinate for about 2 hours and took it back to get the DI. Facinate was cool and all but the no 2.1 thing and the lack of google search kinda killed it for me. Plus the UI was really buggy and not as smooth as htc sense. Love my DI only thing i might trade it for is a LTE htc droid phone.

datterboy

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
My dinc is not smooth at 3d stuff but it is awesome at everything else. Asphalt 5 on the dinc is impossible. Can't handle it. Pretty sure that won't change until the dinc successor comes out. The evo is really just an extra large dinc. Same guts.

Dinc will get at least the next 2 android versions. But I don't expect graphics to improve.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I traded Epic for Evo and I have never felt happier to have an HTC phone. Some Fascinate to DInc users have reported their happiness (I'm looking at you hockeyplayr :)

htc phones just seem to be more reliable. The dinc so far has done what i needed it to do, when i needed it to do it and quick. Its processor may be slightly slower but it is definitely snappier and it'll probably improve even more once i overclock it. I could not depend on my fascinate at all. That coupled with the fact that people seem to have little faith in samsung supporting their phones in the long run.

I feel like I'm getting a true droid experience now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49