I've read all the posts on this before but it doesn't answer my question. I have a silicone cover for my Incredible but don't want to cut out the "hump" with an exacto knife, as this defeates the purpose of a cover. I found one cover but it's black. Will the otterbox fit the extended batterys larger hump? I'm looking into one but I just think the otterbox is way too bulky. I put in pocket sometimes when I run into a store. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
    10-26-2010 02:00 PM
    i did the cut out of the back of a gel case skin, and i dont mind it, main reason being with the extended battery back, it provides some space between the camera lens and a surface and the same with the flash. i like to keep all my phones and gadgets in great condition and been using my modified gel case and have no problems with it. after all it does protect the sides and the rim on the top.. i had no luck finding an extended battery case, if you got a link id like to see what it looks like, i wasnt interested in the otter box because to me those are too bulky to my liking.
    laurel25 likes this.
    10-26-2010 04:32 PM
    Finally Cases that fit HTC Droid Incredible Extended Battery I found these but they don't cover the back. I don't want the back of my phone all scratched up. Any thoughts? Maybe I'll just cut the back of mine out.
    10-26-2010 09:46 PM
    Finally Cases that fit HTC Droid Incredible Extended Battery I found these but they don't cover the back. I don't want the back of my phone all scratched up. Any thoughts? Maybe I'll just cut the back of mine out.
    well my thoughts, are you can get a good "gel" case off of ebay for lets say 4 bucks and cut it yourself, i would not pay upto 24 bucks for these ones. they basically will look the same. i have not had a problem with scratching the back of my extended battery. think of it this way if you spend 4 bucks and cut your own, yeah the back is exposed, but if you pay upto 24 bucks its a waste, bc if for some reason you scratch the back that bad, the 24 bucks or less can be used to purchase a new battery cover? hope that made sense. so in short, go with the 4 dollar one and cut it yourself. the battery covers are pretty sturdy.
    10-27-2010 04:52 PM
    well my thoughts, are you can get a good "gel" case off of ebay for lets say 4 bucks and cut it yourself, i would not pay upto 24 bucks for these ones. they basically will look the same. i have not had a problem with scratching the back of my extended battery. think of it this way if you spend 4 bucks and cut your own, yeah the back is exposed, but if you pay upto 24 bucks its a waste, bc if for some reason you scratch the back that bad, the 24 bucks or less can be used to purchase a new battery cover? hope that made sense. so in short, go with the 4 dollar one and cut it yourself. the battery covers are pretty sturdy.
    Only thing I will add is that the cheap generic ones aren't as well
    constructed as the silicone Verizon brand one.
    The big difference is in the button design and integrity..

Anyway, I've been using a cut silicone case for a while and never scratched the back...not that
    it can't be done but I work in construction and its held up very good.
    10-27-2010 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD