Circle battery for the non-rooted?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have to tried searching the market for "circle battery icon"....It'll probably bring up a lot of apps to search thru but if its there you'll find it

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You have to be rooted! Dude just root its easy. Theres one way to do it not rooted. get a little green tape and put it on top of your battery icon. the only bug it had you will never know if your battery is low

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have to tried searching the market for "circle battery icon"....It'll probably bring up a lot of apps to search thru but if its there you'll find it

I did (upon reading the OP's post earlier) and there wasn't one in the market(appbrain either) that was a circle battery icon to use on unrooted phone ;)

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
so if you ARE rooted, is there an app i can install the replace the current battery usage icon? i would like one that shows the battery percentage instead.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It does require a deodexed ROM and you flash the zip while your in recovery to apply it. You can try it on your stock rom and see if it works.
1. make a nandroid back up just in case (do this using rom manager if you have it or in recovery)
2. Download the circle battery and place on the root of your sdcard.
3. reboot into recovery and select install zip from sdcard.
4. select choose zip from sdcard
5. select the circle battery zip
6. reboot phone
If it works you will then have the circle battery and if not and your having problems you will need to restore you backup from step 1.
Then you can try flashing a different ROM, if you flash SkyRaider Sense it has the circle battery built in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol