Is the Incredible still worth getting?

hurricanes15

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
is the droid incredible still worth getting this late in its life cycle? i really like htc sense and im not really interested in the incredible hd because i really dont want a phone that big.

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I think so...that's the only problem with android...people think that if a newer phone comes out that their phone is now dead and gone...when that's not the case...if the phone suits your needs...why not get it? There are still people with iphone 3g and 3gs that are perfectly fine...and I see bb curve 8300 all the time...

Sent from my evo using Tapatalk

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Been waiting for an Inc. + a keyboard which is why the Merge sounds so nice. Just got offer to buy an Inc. for $100. Is a kb worth $100? Struggling to decide.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Unless you want a keyboard or front facing camera, the Incredible is a killer device. I haven't even been tempted by another phone since I got mine on launch day. I'm running a custom ROM that lets me see hulu and wireless tether. There's nothing the Incredible can't do.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just my 2 cents, but I'd skip this phone if you're comparing it to an equal model with a keyboard. So many thingd I wish I could do.

Hi grapeplasma. I appologize but am a bit confused by your message. What are the many things? Do you think it is foolish of me to make this comparison? really want to know - posted to get opinions from knowledgabl folks. Thanks.

grapeplasma

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
hi, I'm actually on the phone right now and its an awful experience typing this message. I'm actually pretty fast at typing but a real keyboard would be great. ROM emulators usually suck because they aren't multitouch. Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.

feels like that with a keyboard on one of these things, who needs a laptop?

GrazzHoppa

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
hi, I'm actually on the phone right now and its an awful experience typing this message. I'm actually pretty fast at typing but a real keyboard would be great. ROM emulators usually suck because they aren't multitouch. Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.

feels like that with a keyboard on one of these things, who needs a laptop?

Just put swype on there and then you'll enjoy typing with a touch screen more

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I gotcha - yeah I've been waiting for a VZW Android with a good kb (shame the Droid/2 kbs are so subpar). This will take some thinking because I've I've always like the D. Inc. and nearly bought it at launch. I guess I've been waiting so long it's hard to think about going back to this - I could have been enjoying it all this time!

zerog46

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm 6-2 240 lbs and use a dinc with Swift key keyboard and it works great. You need to try one out for yourself to make the best decission.

nickbike

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Also the optic sensor is useless because u have to move your finger to much to scroll anything.
Are you running Android 2.2? When 2.1 was on my Dinc the optical joystick was slow and pretty useless. With the 2.2 update, it's much faster, responsive and all around more useful.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I would purchase the incredible if I did not already have it ,no major issues with my dinc at this time .:)

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
STILL the best phone out there. Great memory, 8 mp camera, runs the latest OS, fastest processor. If you don't need a physical keyboard, it's still the best option, IMHO.

gtricecakes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I always thought I would get a phone with a keyboard after having the EnV, but I played around with the Inc kb and I didn't mind it. After having the phone for several months now, I don't miss the physical kb at all. SwiftKey works really well and SlideIt is another option for those who don't want to type individual letters. Also, I've been trying out the 8pen kb (it's new, check out the other topic on it), and it's growing on me. I've only been using it for about a day (since it's release) and it actually makes sense using it. The only problem for me right now is I don't always remember where each letter is and have to stop, but once I use it for a while, I feel like this won't be a problem.

In summation, I love not having the extra bulk of a physical kb.

weihl165

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
If you can wait till the holidays get closer, there will be new phones coming out. The new INC HD looks pretty sweet. I am eligibe now for upgrade now and am waiting, I don't think there is anything better out at this time. Maybe? The facsinate, but I think they killed that with BING

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I didn't have a phone I would buy the Dinc without even a consideration of any other phone model. For me the Incredible is perfect size and performance.

jlh#AC

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
In short...yes.

IMHO the Incredible is still highly competitive. I have friends who have pretty much every Android on Verizon, from original to X to Fascinate. None make me want to change out the Incredible. DInc is the right size, is as fast or faster than any other Droid currently on the market and is highly stable. (check the forums on the X) And in no way shape or form am I going to buy a phone that defaults to Bing! Sense is definitely the best skin on Android, very fast. FYI: For longer messages I augment typing with voice recognition and also use Swift. Nexus 2 is the only phone on the horizon with any interest to me if it will allow me to run generic Android on day one release. Though HTC is getting quicker w/ integrating Sense into new updates...

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you're really into a keyboard, check out the forum for the HTC Merge and check out Phil's hands-on. I got the OG Droid last December, and my girlfriend got the DInc about a week after launch. The Dinc is a great phone and even though I got it for the keyboard, I would love to trade my Droid for it to this day.

When the Incredible HD comes out though, that'll be a different story.

S.SubZero#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The Fascinate is the only phone I would have considered over the Incredible, but when I went to get the Fascinate they didn't have any in stock, so I checked out the Inc and decided it would be fine. I've had it just over a month and I'm enjoying it. I like the form factor and HTC Sense is cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles