Thinking of trading my X for DI, any thoughts or others who switched?

EinZtein

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've gone from g1 to MyTouch to Nexus One to Droid X.

I love the X, but it's frickin huge and IMO is proportioned wrong anyway.

Thinking of trading My X for a DI with Amoled screen.

Anyone here come from an X and what are your experiences.

Any advice is appreciated.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have/and still have both the incredible and the dx. I have almost the same apps on each device a couple more games on the dx is only difference.Before froyo I thought they was equal but after froyo the dincs issues was all minor in comparison to the dx.I know all the issues with the dx are software but still ,,, lol.

I have no issues with my dinc, many issues with the dx .
I prefer "htc sense" over "motorola blur", now that I have had each since july.
The dx has the bigger screen but the dinc is more user friendly and actual prefer the size better for portablity .The soft touch buttons I prefer over the physical mech. hard buttons on the dx

I could see myself selling the dx or scraping it out but Not my dinc , I'm keeping it . I have an 2150mah battery now in my dinc and even tho the stock battery would get me tho a day now I dont even Think of battery issues( I have had over 45 hrs on my dinc with 2150 mah battery).

The amoled screen is sweet, Id get even if they DiD switch screens tho ;) .
Although the dx does have a bigger screen and different type screen its still hard to see it out in sunlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: EinZtein

EinZtein

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David, it's amoled screen and I'll be getting 75 bucks too.

The buttons and loudspeaker are a huge disappointment for me on the X.

And how easy is it to get swype on there without rooting?

I'm also planning on keeping my 16gb that came with my X and putting it in the DI, any issues there?

Last edited:

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I just made the switch Monday and love the Incredible sooooooo much more. It's just smoother in every way. The only thing I miss is the battery life but the Incredible is worth getting a bigger battery for. Oh and Ultra Keyboard has helped me not miss Swype.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David, it's amoled screen and I'll be getting 75 bucks too.

The buttons and loudspeaker are a huge disappointment for me on the X.

And how easy is it to get swype on there without rooting?

I'm also planning on keeping my 16gb that came with my X and putting it in the DI, any issues there?

Ultra keyboard in the market has a 24 hour trial period, similar to swype. :)

16g card will work in the incredible as well. I would format the card but that's just me I'd rather be sure nothing be on a card when I swap cards and phones ha

Sent using TapAtalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've gone from g1 to MyTouch to Nexus One to Droid X.

I love the X, but it's frickin huge and IMO is proportioned wrong anyway.

Thinking of trading My X for a DI with Amoled screen.

Anyone here come from an X and what are your experiences.

Any advice is appreciated.

Don't trade for the dinc. The Droid Incredible HD LTE is just around the corner:)

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you now I believe the Droid Incredible now come with Super LCD not amoled.

There were shipping issues when HTC couldn't keep up with demand. The part that was slowing them down during the manufacturing process with the screens so they switched to super LCD.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't trade for the dinc. The Droid Incredible HD LTE is just around the corner:)

That's nothing more than a (sketchy) rumor; nothing has been confirmed about it.

Anyways, I love my Dinc. Absolutely love it.

I'd definitely recommend getting the 3500 MAh battery; it'll give you roughly three days of fairly hard use. If you don't need it for a particular day, then just switch back out to the OEM battery.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
That's nothing more than a (sketchy) rumor; nothing has been confirmed about it.

Anyways, I love my Dinc. Absolutely love it.

I'd definitely recommend getting the 3500 MAh battery; it'll give you roughly three days of fairly hard use. If you don't need it for a particular day, then just switch back out to the OEM battery.

They always are ;) though I suspect you haven't read the article over at droid life? Not only is it rumor, it is a good one! I like the inc, but it is not enough phone for me (I am over 6 feet tall) but the HD has the screen and specs of the X, and if it is LTE....what a lovely day for incredible lovers huh?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I own a dinc, and my friend the dx. Personally, I hate MOTO. Their UI sucks (motoblur) and there are small, but to me worth it, differences with the DInc. First off, I like the sense UI, widgets, and menus far better than motoblur. I like the size of the DX screen, but it's also a curse as I don't want to carry that around. Having rooted my Dinc, I don't like that the DX has a locked bootloader, so custom ROMS is a no go. Just getting into playing with ROMS, and to know the DX is locked down, well I just don't like that. Seems to go against the whole Android M.O.

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
i had the droid 1 and after a few to many hiccups i was offered the dx i chose the inc and have been extremly pleased i also have the 16gb sd card that was in the droid 1 and it works fabulously .....2150 battery but opted to buy standard oem 1350 just liked the flat back for pocket and weight so there is my two cents ...imho i wouldn't think twice about it the incredible is far and away the better choice

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
They always are ;) though I suspect you haven't read the article over at droid life? Not only is it rumor, it is a good one! I like the inc, but it is not enough phone for me (I am over 6 feet tall) but the HD has the screen and specs of the X, and if it is LTE....what a lovely day for incredible lovers huh?

Lol, rumors always tend to be good. Trust me, I've started some that have ended up on some pretty major tech sites (I write for an iBlog that gets a hit from time to time :)).

Anyways, yeah I've seen it. I'm willing to be its real, but I just doubt how soon it will be released. All the supposed 'experts' (like Mickey Papilon on the podcast) say that it will be 6-8 months after LTE is rolled out before we see a phone that takes advantage of it. Now obviously, it could be shorter than that, but I'm sure it won't be much shorter than 5 months because they need to test it as much as possible.

Either way, it should come out pretty soon around my upgrade ;) So I'll be excited for it then.

I honestly don't care for these large screens, though. The Dinc has the same resolution on a screen .6 inches smaller than the X/EVO. Pixel density, FTW.

EinZtein

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the awesome info.

I ended up trading for a brand new in the box DI w/amoled screen.

Couldn't be happier with it's use since Monday.

For me, the X seems to be a step below in almost every aspect.

after using the DI for a few days, I'm starting to realize I hated almost everything about the X.

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol, rumors always tend to be good. Trust me, I've started some that have ended up on some pretty major tech sites (I write for an iBlog that gets a hit from time to time :)).

Anyways, yeah I've seen it. I'm willing to be its real, but I just doubt how soon it will be released. All the supposed 'experts' (like Mickey Papilon on the podcast) say that it will be 6-8 months after LTE is rolled out before we see a phone that takes advantage of it. Now obviously, it could be shorter than that, but I'm sure it won't be much shorter than 5 months because they need to test it as much as possible.

Either way, it should come out pretty soon around my upgrade ;) So I'll be excited for it then.

I honestly don't care for these large screens, though. The Dinc has the same resolution on a screen .6 inches smaller than the X/EVO. Pixel density, FTW.
Right on man. I think we will see devices sooner though. The dinc its a great phone, my buddy loves his, but I am a screen sized junkie! What was one of the best rumors you started?

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know much about the X, but from reviews and specs, there seems to be little difference between the phones other than UI and size. The X used to have a few more features, but since froyo the Dinc has most of them as well.

Also: if the Incredible HD is indeed an LTE phone, don't hold your breath. Verizon may be turning on LTE in a few days, but they said that there probably won't be any LTE smartphones until mid-2011.

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've looked at the non-HTC UI and I don't like it at all. I really do like Sense. And I absolutely loved my Dinc until the November update from VZW. Since then I've been stuck with a "Low on Space" condition and my phone is mostly useless. I'm not sure what phone I would recommend right now, but it wouldn't be a Dinc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance