What new HTC Android would you buy now?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would start this thread in the Incredible forum with an advance apology and a Moderator can move to the correct place so...

I am a new Incredible owner as i have posted recently and with the fact that the talk is Incredible is coming to it's life end in replacement of the Incredible HD coming soon my question is this.

If you had any new Android that you can go out and buy right now to replace whatever your current Android is no matter who makes it, What would that be and why and take into effect even Carrier you are with. Would you switch carriers or stay?

If you would buy a new Android and or switch carrier or not why would you and what phone is your choice?

Just would like to know because I am thinking about adding another Android and would like some opinions?

Thank you if you choose to answer and participate.

Jan

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If you're a Verizon customer, the Droid Incredible is still the best Android phone, let alone HTC phone. Perhaps the only thing I wish it had is a front facing camera.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I would say the Inc HD with the caveat that it IS NOT all Bing'd up... If it is I am willing to bet I can get a few more years out of my DInc. I know the ROM chef's won't leave me hanging so it's not like I'll be missing out on anything but a front facing camera, which I could take or leave at this point in my life.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing else from HTC that I'd want right now. Actually, no other Verizon phone period.

What I want in my next HTC phone: 4g, front facing camera, and dual core processor. Oh, and keep it "pocketable".

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
If my Dinc died right now.... I would have to jump ship and get... Another HTC Incredible.

No brainer... Still the best phone on the market. The moto bricks dont compare. The Samsung is too Binged up.

An Inc HD on LTE... The future... But until then the Incredible is Frickin Incredible!!!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if they make the incredible HD a improverd version of the original incredible then I am all for it. I read that there was going to be a 3g version this year and an LTE version next spring,, that version is suppose to have 1.2 processor. ;)

But waiting to see as the dates get closer if that is totally true .

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If my Dinc died right now.... I would have to jump ship and get... Another HTC Incredible.

No brainer... Still the best phone on the market. The moto bricks dont compare. The Samsung is too Binged up.

An Inc HD on LTE... The future... But until then the Incredible is Frickin Incredible!!!

What he said :cool:

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you're a Verizon customer, the Droid Incredible is still the best Android phone, let alone HTC phone. Perhaps the only thing I wish it had is a front facing camera.

I got fed up with the Incredible. First one had a camera issue, second one got a bunch of dust under the screen glass that was very distracting, so i moved onto a Fascinate (rooted, de-binged, de-bloated, adw launcher, and a custom kernel) and don't regret my decision one bit.

I miss a few things about the incredible (internal memory, soft touch back, froyo, skyrider, and the sense calendar app is much better than Samsung's app) but i get better battery life, no bump charging, much better 3d performance (asop gallery app is lag free), an awesome 4 inch screen, and better signal at my house so i'm not too upset. Hopefully developer support will ramp up on the Fascinate soon.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Seeing as how the Incredible HD has not been announced and there are 14 different conflicting rumors about its spec sheet, it's sort of an invalid question to offer it as the "HTC phone I would buy now". Also, the Inc may be nearing "end of life" in the same way that we all are, but time and again reports of its imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated. Reliable sources still say its EOL is March 2011.

On Verizon, you cannot do better than the Dinc right now. That value proposition may change in 4 or 5 months, but that is the nature of the industry. If you want or have to buy now, it is the HTC (/Android/Smart) phone to chose (although I doubt the Merge would be a poor choice).

Now, if you live in Europe... Desire HD FTW.

Reactions: Jaguarr40

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
What New Droid To buy

What he said :cool:

I am absolutly amazed at the response here that confirms my purchase of this great phone even more than before.

i hope when the DINC. HD comes out that is what i wantto get for sure. Does anyone have any concrete word on this model yet?

Thanks to all who answered this post for me in helping me to know i made the right decision on my DINC.

Jan

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Droid Inc.

Seeing as how the Incredible HD has not been announced and there are 14 different conflicting rumors about its spec sheet, it's sort of an invalid question to offer it as the "HTC phone I would buy now". Also, the Inc may be nearing "end of life" in the same way that we all are, but time and again reports of its imminent demise have been greatly exaggerated. Reliable sources still say its EOL is March 2011.

On Verizon, you cannot do better than the Dinc right now. That value proposition may change in 4 or 5 months, but that is the nature of the industry. If you want or have to buy now, it is the HTC (/Android/Smart) phone to chose (although I doubt the Merge would be a poor choice).

Now, if you live in Europe... Desire HD FTW.

You actually make a very good point about the Inc. HD not being announced and all the rumors going on so one can only hope about the Death of the INC. being close...:eek: We can only hope that maybe a newer and better DINC 2 as an example with a completly reworked insides with a faster processor and more internal memory for beginners.

Thank you for the practical answer and something to think about.

I do know that in the short ammount of time I have owned mine I am so impressed over my old BB device and I sure like Verizon as my network of choice as I rarely have trouble with the network.

Jan

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There's nothing else from HTC that I'd want right now. Actually, no other Verizon phone period.

What I want in my next HTC phone: 4g, front facing camera, and dual core processor. Oh, and keep it "pocketable".

+1, and I think I'd prefer a 4" screen - no larger. In the meantime, there is STILL nothing out there that beats the Incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair