Verizon Network Extender + Incredible

vatsyk

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone has Droid Incredible paired with Verizon Network Extender ?
When I got Verizon Network Extender up and running, finally, I got almost full bars, so my phone works inside my house now, it did not have absolutely any reception inside my house without Verizon Network Extender. So, anyone can get a hold of me, but when I dial out, the outgoing call drops and the screen says" network busy", also I went on "my verizon" website and prioritized the telephone numbers using the extender, I put my number a first priority to use the extender. Are there any special settings in the DI phone itself, so I can do outgoing calls? Again, when dialing out, the call drops and the screen says" network busy, please help !!!

agolz12

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same set up without the problems, try calling verizon, they have a department that deals exclusively with the network extender, they should be able to help you out.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm running a network extender with an Inc too, no problems for me or my wife's BB. When you call out it should give you 2 quick beeps to let you know you're on the extender but honestly i think calling Verizon and getting some tech support is best idea.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How much are these things? Is there a monthly cost? I thought i heard some where that you have to have some sort of bars in your house for the network extender to work. Did you flat out go from zero to four with this thing?

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Network Extender working with my DInc for some time now. I did have to call Verizon to get the priority order of how my phone looks for a signal changed though. We live in an area with a lot of old Alltel towers. The phone would look for a CDMA tower first, then look for an extender. They had to change the order for my with an OTA programming update. The tower signal was just barely strong enough to get the phones attention, but not strong enough to not drop the call. Once they changed the way my phone looked for a signal, I've not had any issues. The only thing I have noticed is the phone doesn't connect to the extender until the call is coming in, or going out. My signal is almost non-existant, until a second before the call is placed, then the signal bars go from nothing to full signal. Obviously, you should make sure all 4 LEDs are blue. If you're having problems, I suggest you call Verizon. Their network extender group is pretty good.

bbalak

May 2, 2010
Visit site
How much are these things? Is there a monthly cost? I thought i heard some where that you have to have some sort of bars in your house for the network extender to work. Did you flat out go from zero to four with this thing?

I believe the original price was $250, then they went down to $200. I got mine for $99 after the rebate. Not sure if they are still running that offer. Verizon is coming out with a 3G version, which may drive the price down even more. IMHO, 3G isn't needed on a network extender if you have a phone with WIFI. Signal strength at the location isn't much of an issue. As long as you have a fast internet connection and a place for the GPS to get a signal, the device will work.

sbosak

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
We've had an extender before I even got the DINC and had the same dropped calls you describe with two Samsung phones we had. After a few long conversations with a tech down in Texas, they recommeded we pack up the extender and send it back to them. A new Extender fixed the problem, and my DINC (and three other phones) now work great on it. If you're having Extender problems, make sure they escalate it to Extender Engineering...they can see, in real time, when/how your calls are being dropped. I suspect there are a number of older/non-upgradable Extenders out there that just flat-out need to be replaced.

vatsyk

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I found a very simple solution: since my phone works only one way with the network extender ( phone is able to receive incoming calls only ), I will use Google Voice to make an out going call. Everybody knows that an outgoing call thru GV is an incoming on the handset.
Any thoughts ?
I will dial out using my DI GV browser, not the "market" application.
I will use wifi from the router.

Last edited: