Apps won't update.....sometimes

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys, went to update my version of Angry Birds yesterday and accidentally cancelled it in the middle of the download. I went back into the market to download again and now it won't update. In addition 2 of my other apps didn't update(and still won't) The weird thing is my Flash Player updated yesterday and so did two of my other apps. Any thoughts?

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried clearing your cache?

If you go through Settings -> Applications -> manage Applications -> Angry Birds -> Clear Cache

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
rugbyua9, yes I did do that and it still didn't work so I removed Angry Birds all together but now if I download it says "Angry Birds installation unsuccessful". In fact, I cleared cached in all my apps yesterday at that point.

bfguns

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the same issues. i have 5 apps, starts the update then update unsuccessful message on the status screen.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
After clearing the Market cache try clearing the Data as well.... and then force close it so that it restarts.

Are you guys running any rooted...running any ROMS?

irvine32

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
rugbyua9, it worked! Can you tell me why this happened? Did I corrupt something? I just don't want to have to unmount my SD card everytime I get that message. Thanks for all your help man I really appreciate it.

RENCH32

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the fix in the link before and never seemed to help much. I noticed on my SD card that market downloads were leaving a copy in my download folder on my SD card. example: download, download1, download2... I have other downloads in that folder so I renamed it, and my next market download created a new one. Haven't seen anymore copies yet and haven't had any problems with downloads. I haven't tried an update all yet, that seems to always give me 1 or 2 downloads to fail until I try again. I'm running Skyraider 3.3.2, but I believe I was having the same problem with stock Froyo. Hope this helps.

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
That's a good link Rug posted, however, before you start going through all that hassle, make sure the android market is up. In the past two weeks I haven't been able to update/install apps. At first I thought it was my phone so I cleared cache/app data/etc and it didn't work. So I had a few other co-workers try to download apps from the market and they were having the exact same issue. It's happened to us about five times in the past two weeks, so just be aware it might not be your phone.

droidrageincredible

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
i've noticed that if I unmount the SD card before updating, then it works. but the problem there is that the app is now on the phone and I have to move it back to the SD card. this is very time consuming and bothersome, I think it has something to do with the market wanting to install apps directly to the SD card