Email Attachment Question

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I did a search of the Incredible forum and didn't find anything, so forgive me if this is a redundant topic.

I am trying to attach a file received from bluetooth in an email. Whenever I go to add attachment in the email, it only gives me the option to attach photos. I know the file is on my sd card because I can open it in quickoffice. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

lostinspace

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you don't have Astro file manager install it, then you can email a file by long pressing on the file and selecting how you want to send it. If you have K9 mail then Astro will appear as one of the attachment options.

mcguirej

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but still won't work. I have Astro and can create an email with the correct attachment, but when I send it, the attachment doesn't send.

I searched some google documentation and found that only certain file types are allowed to be sent as attachments. Some apps allow you to attach other file types, but I haven't found one for .rtf and .doc files yet - Aside from the QuickOffice upgrade and I'm not spending $10 just to send one email.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I just tested it by sending an excel spreadsheet (on my sd card). I opened Astro, selected Send and using my K9 POP email account sent it to my gmail account. Arrived almost instantly with the attachment. Maybe its an issue with your email account.

lostinspace

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just tested using a .doc file by opening K9, creating an email, adding an attachment with Astro, and sending it to my POP account and my gmail account. Both were received with the attachment. Mcguirej, you said you were using Astro but not that you were using K9... and as you found in the google documentation the stock email app can not attach certain file types which K9 can process. If you try with K9 and Astro and still can't send then the host of your POP account must be blocking the attachements.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol