maintenance update download location

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
i got the update sent to my phone..after 5 mins of that thing i decided i could not look at it no more.so i downloaded it just to get rid of it lol.it took 3 mins.the only difference i see except for the slacker and v-cast is the phone runs more smooth in my opinion.did not lose a thing and everything stayed the same.this is almost a perfect phone \,,/ (*-*) \,,/

cinnabubbles

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely saw an improvement in battery life yesterday (please note: I am a -light- user of the phone.)

Email - Twitter - gReader are some of the apps I most used yesterday. Would love to use Facebook (but we won't go there, I'll rant for days about that app...)

At 10:18am yesterday it came off the charger, it didn't scream for it's charger (15% battery) until 12:26am this morning.

With that said I have my apps set for background notification delays of half-hour, I honestly don't need it refreshing every five minutes! If I'm out and knocking around with my phone, I'll manually refresh it.

All in all I'm satisfied, definitely seeing improvement.

rosman21

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
im using windows vista and when i rename the file update.zip it ended up being renamed update.zip.zip i kept getting abort error until i just named it update and somehow the system adds the .zip

im getting the same thing i named it update keeps getting that same error

rosman21

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey!

I can't install this update. I renamed it to update.zip and moved it to the root of my SD card but I get this error:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

--- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop(" /system/build.prop"
. "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/in
c/inc:2.2/FRY91/23134:user/release-keys" ??
file_getprop(" /system/build.prop", "rebuild.
fingerprint") == "verizon_WWE/inc/inc:2.2/FR
F91/264707:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

:eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

i am also getting this error not sure what to do

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Rooted - OTA considerations

If you're rooted, there are a couple of things you have to consider if you want to install the OTA. I think overall it should work, and you should be able to get back to root (as long as you enabled the S-OFF unrevoked feature).

To be able to install the OTA, if you're using a custom recovery (Clockwork, AmonRa, etc.), you have to go back to a stock recovery. Once you do that, then you should be able to load the OTA update.zip on the SD card. HOWEVER, if you're like me and removed bloatware from the /system/app folder, this looks like it causes the update.zip to fail. Inside the update.zip are patch files, which patch system .apk files. If you removed apps (like CityID, HTC Footprints, MyVerizon, etc.), the update.zip tries to patch them, and since they're gone, fails the update.

Luckily, I didn't delete those .apk files, I just moved them to another folder. So I'm in the process of copying them back, then trying to run the update.zip and seeing what happens. I'll report back.

** EDIT
It worked! The update was indeed failing because I had removed some stock apps. Once I put them back, the update loaded, and I could manually root it again.

Last edited:

Vagrant_1

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Same problem.....any solution?

Nothing yet, I can't even backup my card using my pc uggh. It will mount for a few while I'm copying and then unmount. But it hasn't done it today but I haven't plugged it up to my pc either.

Sent from my HTC Incredible via Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The update file is automatically deleted from your SD card, and the update will not come OTA because you already have it.

No, nothing ever automatically deletes itself from your memory card.

I just did mine manually and am rooted. It installed successfully and I still have Superuser permissions. I don't think I lost root. I see all the apps supposed to be added and root explorer installed fine. If I didn't lose root VERY COOL!

Then it didn't install. If you install, you lose root. Period.

Just did the new update. Has anyone else had problems with their phone doing a "soft reset". After a phone call screen will dim and I get the loading clock. Then it comes back but all of the widgets have to reload and it acts like it has just done a full reboot. Any thoughts?

Battery pull. Usually with an OS update like this, a factory reset is a good idea too..

So I received the OTA notification and tried to push the update that way but it just said that my system was updated after dismissing the notification... I then tried to manually apply the update which I did through clockwork recovery with the "apply update.zip" option.. It worked fine but then showed that I had lost su access due to setcpu going into "read only mode".. So I tried to re root using the un revoked method which when tried showed I was S OFF and then stalled at the reboot step and may have deleted clockwork recovery or changed the recovery back to stock so I can't revert back to stock.. wow this is becoming a complicated process just to apply a maintenance update.. any help guys??

All you need to do is re-flash Clockwork and SU. Easy enough to find...

If you're rooted, there are a couple of things you have to consider if you want to install the OTA. I think overall it should work, and you should be able to get back to root (as long as you enabled the S-OFF unrevoked feature).

To be able to install the OTA, if you're using a custom recovery (Clockwork, AmonRa, etc.), you have to go back to a stock recovery. Once you do that, then you should be able to load the OTA update.zip on the SD card. HOWEVER, if you're like me and removed bloatware from the /system/app folder, this looks like it causes the update.zip to fail. Inside the update.zip are patch files, which patch system .apk files. If you removed apps (like CityID, HTC Footprints, MyVerizon, etc.), the update.zip tries to patch them, and since they're gone, fails the update.

Luckily, I didn't delete those .apk files, I just moved them to another folder. So I'm in the process of copying them back, then trying to run the update.zip and seeing what happens. I'll report back.

** EDIT
It worked! The update was indeed failing because I had removed some stock apps. Once I put them back, the update loaded, and I could manually root it again.

Correct. For all rooted users attempting to install this, you need to return any modified bloatware back to stock status..

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If I understand slightly better after reading. I can do something with soff then install the update?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

monkaquinas

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to restore from the Disabled App folder the following: NewsReader, RSS, Stock, VVM, VzNav, & WifiRouter to get the update to install on my rooted/S-off Dinc.

ki4lhl

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

** EDIT

How do I uninstall Clockwork?

shawngc

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
No, nothing ever automatically deletes itself from your memory card.

Then it didn't install. If you install, you lose root. Period.

Battery pull. Usually with an OS update like this, a factory reset is a good idea too..

All you need to do is re-flash Clockwork and SU. Easy enough to find...

Correct. For all rooted users attempting to install this, you need to return any modified bloatware back to stock status..

well its not that easy because when I try to re-root using unrevoked it starts up fine goes through hboot says finding root and reboots my phone and does nothing after that.. It can't achieve root and I can't get to clockwork recovery.. I'm still S off but it's showing that I'm not rooted.. If there is a way to load clockwork recovery through adb or somehow check for root then I'd be golden but I don't really want to be changing system settings without clearly knowing what I'm doing

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
well its not that easy because when I try to re-root using unrevoked it starts up fine goes through hboot says finding root and reboots my phone and does nothing after that.. It can't achieve root and I can't get to clockwork recovery.. I'm still S off but it's showing that I'm not rooted.. If there is a way to load clockwork recovery through adb or somehow check for root then I'd be golden but I don't really want to be changing system settings without clearly knowing what I'm doing

Ugh. No.

Look, you are already rooted- you have S-off. You just dont have anything that can take advantage of that. So all you need to do is find zips of clockwork and SU, then rename them PB31IMG.zip and flash them through HBOOT, one at a time. If you can't find them, I have them.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm confused now I used unrevoked for root. I semi understand what s-off is, but what is clockwork and Su? I seen them mentioned not sure if I understand what they are. I thought all that was part of unrevoked.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk