Help with root after 11/8 Update

hcole623

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,
I finally decided to take the plunge and root this morning after manually installing the 11/8 update. I'm running into a problem using unrevoked3. I've followed all instructions, have the proper drivers installed on my PC (win7-32bit), and usb debugging enabled. When running unrevoked it goes into hboot all seems well according to the youtube guide i'm watching. And when the phone restarts unrevoked says waiting for root and eventually the phone just boots all the way up to the home screen. After a few minutes unrevoked says we didnt get root. What might I be doing wrong?

Chase S

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My phone was rooted, but slipped out of my hands and put a nice crack in the screen. Waited two weeks for my replacement.... I finally get it through the store today and they updated it to the 8/11 update.

Sooooo... I received the same thing. Can't root w/ the 8/11 update until the Unrevoked team comes out with an update for it.

DrDew

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Yah you'll have to wait until Unrevoked updates it...unless like stated before you had s-off before the update. At the moment thats the only way to re-root your inc after the update.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
OK, I am rooted w/ Unrevoked forever (s-off) and my phone finally received the OTA update. I haven't done it yet b/c I don't want to lose root - can someone please post a step by step process for dummies on how I can install this OTA update and still have root access?

TIA

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I am rooted w/ Unrevoked forever (s-off) and my phone finally received the OTA update. I haven't done it yet b/c I don't want to lose root - can someone please post a step by step process for dummies on how I can install this OTA update and still have root access?

TIA

I can't help you there, as I just follow the instructions on here as well. What I can suggest (If you aren't already using a custom ROM) is to use the Virtuous ROM. It is just like stock, with a few minor changes (for the better). It has all the latest updates built in. So far I love it. It wasn't worth it for me to lose root, so instead of waiting for a way to get the update AND keep root, I figured I would just take the ROM. The ROM's seem to get updated way before the carriers get around to doing it.

foo210coor

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I tried Unrevoked and it didn't work. I tried z4root, first time did not work but second time worked like a charm.

Sent from my bad ass Incredible

fbords

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing the OTA, and my phone never progressed through the install, so i backed out. Still rooted and no update. Notificaton went away too...

anyone try using this? I wonder if this is the "proper way" to get OTAs and keep root: public:forever [RootWiki]