Ok...well, I'm an iPhone convert...after 3 long years with that other carrier and probably 60% dropped calls I gave up. So, the DInc...I love the phone and in so many ways it beats the iPhone hands down, except one. And that is the browser so I'm looking to this forum (and I've read the other posts about Dolphin HD and Skyfire and the native browser) to help maybe give this newbie nanite a chance to get a decent browsing experience.

I did install Firefox 4 beta 7 today and am so far impressed but still, something about the browsing and tap-tap to zoom to a specific column width doesn't just work as it did in the iPhone. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting that makes the browser (whichever one) more 'friendly'??

Thanks and cheers mates.

Bill
    11-13-2010 07:27 PM
    I like opera mini. Its fast and works for me. My buddy sitting next to me right now hates it. Try a few...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-13-2010 07:37 PM
    Ok...well, I installed Opera Mobile Browser, and I'd say it's fair but still, the rendering part is not quite on. You double tap a column of text and it sizes that well, but the accompanying images are not sized properly and run off the sides.

I'm just sayin...the only weak point I've found on the DInc. Other than that I love it. Just wish there was a browser that 'just worked' to wear out a phrase coined by our favorite rival.
    11-13-2010 07:54 PM
    I'm a fan of Dolphin. However, what's best will be up to your preferences. Try several different browsers and find out which one you like best.
    11-13-2010 11:04 PM
    It's mostly what you like, but I'm also a Dolphin user.
    11-13-2010 11:12 PM
    11-14-2010 12:05 AM
    Has anyone tried the new browser from Mozilla?
    11-14-2010 08:00 AM
    Dolphin HD is great - I'm fully converted from the stock one now.

However, I'm keeping an eye on what Mozilla does, as I use it on my PC. If they can slim that down for the official release it will be interesting to check out.
    bilbothejust likes this.
    11-14-2010 09:52 AM
    Yes....Firefox 4 is pretty good. I like the sync feature especially.
    11-14-2010 12:21 PM
    I've tried them all but keep going back to Dolphin HD.
    11-14-2010 03:40 PM
    Ok...I switched over to Dolphin HD and you're right. It gains focus properly in the selected frame and zooms back out quite well. I'm not sure how you fool sites (or your phone) to NOT switch you to the mobile site. Hmmm...again, I suspect that again this is a user preference. Thanks folks. I'm lovin my DInc and was truly an iPhone fanboy for 3 years. Got soooo sick of the walled garden.
    11-14-2010 05:44 PM
    I use the Firefox beta, Dolphin HD and the stock browser as they all have their advantages. I too would love to know how to get rid of the mobile page view.
    11-14-2010 05:50 PM
    Dolphin has a add on to toggle between mobile and desk top views.

Dolphin Desktop Toggles - Android app on AppBrain
    11-14-2010 08:17 PM
    Another way is to hit menu>more>settings>user agent and select desktop.
    11-14-2010 08:44 PM
    I personally use dolphin HD as well. I'm a mac user and I use safari but I have google chrome for the chrome to phone feature which is handy if I want to send a number or some such to my phone's browser.
    11-14-2010 09:39 PM
    I've just stuck to the stock browser, but I came from iWorld (still am there, but... shhh ) and the stock browser is really nothing on Mobile Safari.
    11-14-2010 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD